Author Topic: New Harlequin thread - Codex harlequins.. Screenshots and translations  (Read 33252 times)

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Ive just made a new thread for general harlequin discussion as some of the other topics seemed for specific questions and I didnt want to hijack them.. either way..

I have the new White dwarf in my fingertips and I just noted some things...

1. The crystal type pistol is the Neurodisrupter
2. The harlequins caress is a golden wrist object. There are 2 in the kit and 2 fusion pistols (they recommend squads have 2 of each)
3. It "does say" a harlequin 'maske' is formed around a number of troops and joined by the likes of shadowseers and death jesters. (no mention of any other character models in a troupe)
4. nice review on how to pain diamonds and eldar gems (a solitaire wears a shattered gem where the Eldar who once wore it shattered it knowing his soal belongs to slaeesh). It can be seen on his ankle)
5. IT DOES SAY - Next week "The midnight sorrow weave a dance across the sky" (Midnight sorrow is the maske/troup... so what do you make of "weave across the sky? Starweavers you think!)
6. I like the colour wheel tutorial in regards to painting harlequins
7. It DOES SAY....

Under the rules section in using the new models - you can use them now for your existing armies (as is)

Battle brothers: Dark Eldar and Eldar

Allies of Conveniance: Armies of imperium, Tau

Desperate: Orks

Come the Apocolypse: all others

Thought - Under the "rules section: is says specifically word for word you can use them as allies for your armies. (it didnt say codex or supplement I note) and i think thats important as I had someone tell me today "gee like the eldar need any help" and if it was a supplement that couldnt be seen as allies....) this answers that question. It also means if you want to use the NEW harlequins in an Eldar army, you have to take them as Allies.  I expected this but in say a tourney army where they say primary + 1 allies (say if you wanted Eldar, Harlequins and something else)

8. Under solitaire
- It is unique under unit composition - you can only ever have 1
- he IS a character i guess, is it says "If he is your armies warlord, he never has a warlord trait.

9. Is this going to be a codex? I dont think its a supplement...?

10. It does say - just under some general comments about "the webway". It describes what it is and "those with the knowledge to find it can use it to travel with incredible speed" and "no one knows the secrets of the webway better then harlequins. It then says the laughing god knows everyu route and path and "some even speculate that Cegorach has gifted his servents with some supernatural ability... now, im not a betting man, but id lay money harlequins should get some sort of webway ability.. I CRAVE

11. The diamand pattern on the solitaires cloak are an "optional extra" and it suppose to refelct the shimmering digital component of the harlequin holosuit.

12. I did read somewhere -something about how Death Jesters use their favourite weapon, some sort of bioplasma..... but cant find it again...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:56:47 AM by mcphro »

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: New Harlequin thread - I have the White Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:17:54 AM »
I must say, they are ticking my boxes regardless of power or fluff. But all they need to do now is have some funky rules for Death Jesters and Shadowseers and the MAIN thing...

A transport that can be assaulted out of... ooo cmon Games workshop, dont let us down!

I have 2 shadowseers
6 Deathjesters
25 various harlequins

all metal.. all old from the 1980's models... undercoated and starting to paint tonight!

Theme - deck of cards. 5 x 5 man troupes. 4 of them painted black, white, red solver and gold to reflect each suite... Ill trial it and see how it goes. 1 troupe will be painted traditional. Ill see how it goes....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:29:50 AM by mcphro »

Offline Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:01:46 AM »
I must say, they are ticking my boxes regardless of power or fluff. But all they need to do now is have some funky rules for Death Jesters and Shadowseers and the MAIN thing...

A transport that can be assaulted out of... ooo cmon Games workshop, dont let us down!

I have 2 shadowseers
6 Deathjesters
25 various harlequins

all metal.. all old from the 1980's models... undercoated and starting to paint tonight!

Theme - deck of cards. 5 x 5 man troupes. 4 of them painted black, white, red solver and gold to reflect each suite... Ill trial it and see how it goes. 1 troupe will be painted traditional. Ill see how it goes....

sounds like it will be a cool color scheme, im picturing your red ones like a harley quin type suit where its in 4 quadrents on thier body is that what you are doing?

All these details sound sweet! Cant wait to have these on the table. All i have at the moment is 6 reg harlies with a shadowseer and deathjester. My plans are to first pick up a solitare as hes great bang for my buck, then the starweaver for the squad, then eventually a second troope box cause it will be nice to have both sets that way ill have 15 harliqin models with none being duplacates. My plan will be to run them as ally slot if i run them in 2 squads 1 with the starweaver and the other with the shadowseer (hq?) and the deathjester (heavy?) to protect them, the solitare on his own possibly deepstriking depending on the board.

One think i noticed from the op is the webway talk, this really gives me thought that they will get the same type of wargear the DE got with just a no scatter deepstrike in the enigmas of the black library. This would be huge for them as you could pop down the clowns/solitare anywhere on the board giving you instant threat wherever you need.

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »
Anything similar to Dark Eldar WWP would be awesome, could get a lot of use out of the Fusion Pistols..  ;) 
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Rillietann

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
Anything similar to Dark Eldar WWP would be awesome, could get a lot of use out of the Fusion Pistols..  ;)

I did exactly this using an Archon with a WWP last night. Dropped in behind a Land Raider and stripped it of 3 Hull points and a lascannon!

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
8. Under solitaire
- It is unique under unit composition - you can only ever have 1
- he IS a character i guess, is it says "If he is your armies warlord, he never has a warlord trait.

That and the fact his unit type is Infantry (Character)  :)

He is not, however, an Independent Character, nor can he be joined by any other character.

Offline Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »

I did exactly this using an Archon with a WWP last night. Dropped in behind a Land Raider and stripped it of 3 Hull points and a lascannon!

nice, that would give them a huge "mobility" boost deepstriking with 0 scatter is soooo much better than reg deepstrike lol

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »

nice, that would give them a huge "mobility" boost deepstriking with 0 scatter is soooo much better than reg deepstrike lol

Yeah, its why you'll see Archons etc with a webway deep striking in with Fire Dragons or Wraithguard. Just hoping the Harlequins can do a similar job.

But I would prefer an assault webway... non scattering would be too much, but a web way that scatters and you can assault from.. now that would be awesome!  ;D
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Rillietann

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »
Ordered my Troupes and Solitaire tonight. Roll on next week!

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »
I have 25 Harlequins. So so painting some now. Not sure if i like it so far. We shall see.

Ive ordered a soliatire

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
I need these.. need moneys first.. Damned Australian prices!

At least i'll be able to see all the options before I order, I suppose..

Going to have to get myself some Dark Eldar too!
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
Yea my harlequins are 3 years old.. wow... good to strip but you will have the nicer minis i think.

At least I have to buy the vehicles.... what did i just say? I want to spend money on GW stuff?

maybe its working? (their strategy).. Damn you GW!

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »
I need these.. need moneys first.. Damned Australian prices!

At least i'll be able to see all the options before I order, I suppose..

Going to have to get myself some Dark Eldar too!

Look into Front Line gaming. They sell GW product at 20% off US prices and then I think they work out shipping with International customers.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
Twin rider jetbikes with assault? Is that what im reading possibly...?

From my local rep...

Quote"
Forthcoming releases:
Harlequin Skyweavers
A multipart plastic boxed set that makes two brand new Skyweavers.
Skyweavers are heavily armed and incredibly fast, two-man Jetbikes with several weapon and modelling options."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:07:34 PM by mcphro »

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
So then what are the Starweavers we heard about? The Transport version of the same vehicle? Remember it was in the unit entry for a Harlequin Troupe.. if it is the same Chassis I think it's likely we'll see an Open-Topped Vehicle.. which means ASSAULT TIME!

Skyweavers sound like Jetbikes.. but what else are we getting? Will they release the Shadowseer and Death Jester in the same week? Or will they release the Starweaver and wait to release the characters with the codex the next week?

Guess we have to wait and see.. seems Skyweavers are DEFINITELY in for next week though..
The Dance Without End Begins..