Author Topic: Chaos Inquisitor's Finished Projects  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Chaos Inquisitor's Finished Projects
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:50 AM »
Khorne Prince.  I was tired of only Slaaneshi things having multiple arms.  Why shouldn't Khornites have multiple arms to carry multiple weapons?  So I added an arm in, then used Arkhan the Black's mount's head for my prince's head.  The little stuff on the base come from the Morghast.

The last one does show the green-stuff I had to use for attaching the arm.  I have yet to go back over that and blend it in.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Inquisitor's Finished Projects
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
What is that things head made from and where can I get one myself?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »
The head is from the mount of Arkan the Black.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
Looking back at the pictures more carefully and I realize I missed a LOT of spots.  I feel a tad bit ashamed.  I really need to come up with a new way of painting things so the primer doesn't show up as much.  Maybe I should slow down and take more time on each individual part. 

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
So here is my Tzeentch Prince.  Oddly enough very little of this guy is even the Daemon Prince model...or even chaos for that matter.  His legs and tail are all from Tyranid Hive Tyrant.  The shoulder pads, crotch armor, lower torso and weapon are all from the Morchast kit.  The head is from Neferata's Mount.  And the scarab well...obviously that's a necron.  The wings are from a Reaper Bones Griffon.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »
So...haven't updated this in quite some time.  Got a fair few models done and on my shelf.  Just need to find the time to take snapy-snaps of them and get them up on photobucket.  Updates will be coming guys, stick around.

List of models completed:
1 Converted Nurgle Prince
1 Mhara Ghal
5 Plague Marines

List of models in progress:
3 Converted Nurgle Oblits
1 Converted Prince of Slaanesh
Whole lot of Cultists
Whole lot of Bog standard Chaos Marines
1 Converted Kharn
5 Havocs
1 Warpsmith
1 Chaos Rhino
1 World Eaters Contemptor Dreadnaught
1 Chaos Champion
5 Berzerkers
1 Berzerker Lord

1 Purring cat...who just won't let me paint >.<

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
So I'm posting up a WIP on my Chaos Knight Titan of Nurgle.  It's looking pretty....good actually. I'm liking it a lot.  However, I have a rather large amount still to go, and I really wanna get it done by 1700 hours this Thursday.  HUGE challenge when I work "full time" at a Fast-food joint.

And those Custom Nurgle oblits, that I converted out of some Dev Centurions.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »

So we have here, a Daemon Prince of Nurgle.  I wanted something different, something that wasn't all organic and postules.  This is a Daemon Engine set fully loose and has ascended.  So instead of flesh and muscle, it has synthetic coverings and myomer musculature.  Warped and twisted, I wanted it to represent what happens to machines touched by nurgle, representing the rust and amalgamation of parts it could cobble together itself. Hence why some of it looks....not tacked on, or pretty. 

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »
So, this one.  Yeah...I have to say I'm extremely proud of this one.  It's a Word Bearers Mhara Gal Tainted Contemptor Dreadnaught, and WAS my pride and joy.  Took a lot of time and energy to paint it up, and really love how this guy looks.  His base is a bit...meh, so I'm not extremely pleased about that.  But overall, I added some extra details, and changed a fair few things.  Most notably is adding the Blood for the Blood God in the crevices here and there, and changing the seals and stuff from paper to skin.  I really enjoyed this guy, and I hope you guys enjoy it too.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
Nice daemon prince and contemptor conversions.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
To be fair, the only actual conversion is the Prince.  The contemptor is a complete kit from Forge World.

But, here he is.  This guy has consumed the better part of like 2-3 weeks of assembling, priming, painting, and converting.  He's a monster that needs NO introductions, only a target to destroy.

Behold, The Knight Titan of Nurgle!

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
I like how it came out.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »
Dam that knight is sick!

Multiple colors, nice smooth contrasts, that shield, everything!

Papa Nurgle would be proud :)
And so should you.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32:05 AM »
That weapon conversion on the right arm was a good idea. Also really like the subtle touches you put into the base.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »
Thank you all, for the wonderful comments.  I apologize for any new things to post...I've somehow misplaced my camera, in the mess I call a room.  Also, I seem to have lost any/all motivation to paint or even assemble anything.  I think it might actually be due to the fact that I have grown sick of my room being a mess and unable to sit at my desk and actually paint in some good light.  Also the rather poor picture quality has made me rather bummed.

I think for tax returns this year I might be putting some of that money into either a really nice camera, or a video camera and start doing stuff on youtube for show offs.  The latter would be a more expensive project as I would also have to put money into a desktop computer for rendering videos and making stuff look nice.

Still, hopefully I can spark some inspiration to start doing some of the projects that I am piling up into a massive back log.  Two BaC boxes, some Gal Vorbak, Ashen Circle, Legion Sicaran, plenty of stuff for my Rune Knights, and now slowly assembling a renegade guard/militia I can use for both my 40k Rune Knights and my HH Word Bearers.  --- be just piling up >.> plus my want for a damn Tyranid army is really starting to bother me, more and more.