Author Topic: Forge the Narrative Tournament  (Read 1163 times)

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Forge the Narrative Tournament
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »
So, I'm doing some last minute painting and basing (my HQ didn't arrive until a couple of days ago), prepping to head out for NC for the Forge the Narrative tournament. Should be fun! I'm running pure Iron Hands. Well, kind of. There are some Legion of the Damned but they're from the Space Marine Codex, not the data slate. In my background they're a part of a battle company based on a Forge World. Different Iron Hands battle companies will rotate through to equip and train while protecting their Mechanicum allies. Now they're freshly equipped and on their way to their first campaign. Then on to Adepticon! Unless they're an abject failure and I have to rethink my list. I'm optimistic though. I just hope I remember all of the tiny rules!

If anyone is there, say hey! If I've gotten enough sleep, I'll be happy to chat. If I'm low on sleep, I may be vaguely aware of your presence (nothing personal, just not much good without sleep).

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Forge the Narrative Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 02:14:28 AM »
The tournament was a lot of fun! Very well organized and ran smoothly. And I got to see and sometimes play against stuff I've never seen in a tournament before:

Brass Scorpions (sometimes turned Invisible!)

An Eldar Revenant Titan on a Skyshield Landing Pad

An army of Five Imperial Knights (I'm sure this has turned up in other tournaments I've been at but it's the first time I got up a good pic)

There was other cool stuff but I was so busy I didn't take many pictures. Gotta remember to do the little things at Adepticon!

There were a lot of great players there. I didn't do as well as I hoped. I didn't use my bikes as well as I should have and could have used the terrain to better advantage in slowing down enemy troops. Also should have taken more time to measure potential charge distances. But I learned a lot and gained valuable experience. I definitely planning on going again if the timing works out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:19:29 AM by hillshire »