Author Topic: New Baneblade kit  (Read 2174 times)

Offline SakulK

• Initiate
    • View Profile
New Baneblade kit
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »
Hi!
I'm thinking about picking up the new Baneblade kit but after seeing all the tanks in Apocalypse book I'd like to be able to try them all on the table :p so my question is would it be possible to magnetize it to be able to field all the variants? I assume it would take quite alot of work but I think it would be worth it :) sorry for my english and cheers!

Offline Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: New Baneblade kit
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »
I've seen several examples of the old Shadowsword kit where it has been magnetised to make any of the kits. Here's a good video of how one was done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tx2Q08Perw

I've not seen anyone do it with the new kit, for an Octoblade if you will, but I believe as the main chassis is the same, that it should be possible. It will be a lot of work and a lot of magnets, good luck if go for it.

Incidentally, if anyone is after a simpler project about half of the varients are the same layout with a simple weapon change different between them.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Baneblade kit
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »
I've played all of one Apoc game with the new rules, so am hardly an expert.  That said, one of those, "know it all", guys in the game warned us that the Baneblade we brought would be a disappointment.  He said is was heavily nerfed in the new Apoc rules.  He said the Shadowsord is the go to vehicle as it still has pretty good firepower.

I can tell you, our baneblade didn't perform all that well.