Author Topic: new codex?  (Read 2253 times)

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
new codex?
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »
so with the release of all the chaos stuff for both WH fantasy and 40K are Daemons and CSM going to get a new codex because these are probably the 2 armies that need updates the most out of all the remaining non 7th edition codexes

Offline cgseahawker

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: new codex?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
If you haven't seen it already, Faeit 212 has multiple sources confirming a Khorne CM/Daemon codex going up for preorder next week. I'm very curious what they've done with the Daemons side of things, and hopeful we will once again see deep striking assaults on the turn they arrive. Its the one thing they lack, and could go a long way to bringing this faction in line with the other armies.

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
If you haven't seen it already, Faeit 212 has multiple sources confirming a Khorne CM/Daemon codex going up for preorder next week. I'm very curious what they've done with the Daemons side of things, and hopeful we will once again see deep striking assaults on the turn they arrive. Its the one thing they lack, and could go a long way to bringing this faction in line with the other armies.
So chaos is going to be 4 codex's that will be freaking awesome. I'm guessing there'll be a big supplement for chaos undivided

Offline cgseahawker

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:57:22 PM »
With Undivided that would bring our army to five books, right? I'm really not sure how it will all work, but its exciting I suppose. Let's just hope they dump a lot of the accounting elements and replace them with useful USRs around the army.

Online Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 12:16:54 AM »
This is a little reminiscent of all the Imperial books we have Codex Marines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels.. now we'll have Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Undivided, it makes sense for them to mirror the Imperial setup somehow.

The issue I think will be wanting to play dual god builds, that could get expensive quick. However if the mono-god books are good enough to standalone I don't see any trouble, I welcome a Tzeentch book for sure..
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
So chaos is going to be 4 codex's that will be freaking awesome. I'm guessing there'll be a big supplement for chaos undivided
Looks like this is exactly what's appening

Online Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 12:21:47 AM »
Firstly! Here is a link to some rules.. courtesy of naftka --> http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/codex-khorne-daemonkin-no-kharn-and-more.html

Furthermore, does it concern anyone at all that you may have to buy 2 or more codexes for multi-god lists? Do you think it's unfair where you have to spend money just get grab other Chaos options?

As a counter-point, would you be fine playing mono-god lists? And does it really matter that you can't play say Khorne and Tzeentch when Khorne Daemonkin gives you a fully functional army that you can play across both Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons?

Finally, do you think the options in a single god book are varied enough to justify a codex? For example Khorne Marines and Khorne Daemons, as opposed to Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and undivided Chaos Marines in a single book

Food for thought, personally i'm interested to see what the future holds.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
There might be new models coming out also think about regular space marines there are like 6 different codex's for them and all of their chapters