Author Topic: Harlequin Death Jester Knight  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Harlequin Death Jester Knight
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Just want to let you guys know, my "Harlequin Knight" project can begin. Today a package arrived...

Just a crapy mobile phone photo, but you'll get the idea  8)
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Online Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Harlequin Death Jester Knight
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »
Interesting lol, I assume you will be using the imperial knight rules for him. I would've went wraithknight painted harli colours but that's just easier to come up with fluff for.

If you made some believable fluff I'd accept that lol.

Offline Rillietann

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
To be fair there is fluff out there for them looting imperial vehicles. There is a good story about them looting a Land Raider  ;D
So the fluff would be backed up if you did it as a looted Imperial Knight rather than one they have built themselves.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
To be fair there is fluff out there for them looting imperial vehicles. There is a good story about them looting a Land Raider  ;D
So the fluff would be backed up if you did it as a looted Imperial Knight rather than one they have built themselves.

Basically that's exactly the fluff I would want to use  ;D Looted Imperial Knight, but "harlequinised".

The model itself has some nice, smooth curves. Very eldary-like. Also, the giant skull for the head is absolutely perfect  :)

I will probably add some spirit stones. Definitely painting motley on some parts of the armour. Also I'd like to add some bones, but not sure, if it's enough to paint them, or if I should try to convert them somehow (definitely not able to sculpt them from greenstuff, lol).
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Online Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »
That would work, imperial Knights are very competitive and may give a all "harliquin" army a decent fire magnet that can't be easily ignored. That's what I feel they need to be viable in a competitive meta, when I run harliquins in the future I prob will use my wraith knight and wraithlord as I don't own any other models that work for that poupose.

Buddy of mine want to get one of those dreamforge knights(the evil looking one) for a chaos knight they are great looking models.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:10:30 PM by Pdogg »

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 02:42:06 AM »
A bit late, but progress after Day 1 of the project.

During Day 2 I assembled the melta arm (I really have not expected the number of bits required, lol). No photo yet.

Day 3 and Day 4 (yesterday and today) there will be no progress, I guess. Hopefully tomorrow I'll continue with the scythe arm and the legs.