Author Topic: Windrider host...  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Morph

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Windrider host...
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »
Well my order from GW came in and now building a Windrider Host. I am putting in Shining Spears because no one are using them in my area. But I am using the new jetbike model, a metal lance and a Dire Avenger head. My question is should I go with 6 or 9 shining spears with a exarch of course?

Offline Player 1

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Windrider host...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 12:03:11 AM »
Looks great! I'm still new here and I prefer to get a handle on my models before making any big units, this way I can see how they do and their role in my play style. So I would say go for 6 and try them out for a couple of weeks. Prepare them all, but hold off on putting any Eldar on the bikes.

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
7 is my guess for what will end up optimal in terms of damage output and survivability.

That test model looks great. G-Dub should just put packages of those bits together and melt down the rest of those ugly Shining Spears on their old bikes.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline Tahnir

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »
I'd say go for 6. A while ago there was a tactica article on them (you can find it up top in the menu sticky) which described perfectly why 6 is the magic number.

Offline Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:25 PM »
When i run them i generally do 5 (w/ exarch) with attached autarch with spear. I have run them just 5 and they are cheap enough with decent enough output on thier own, unfortunately now without hit and run they are relegated to anti vehicle for me as it wont get them stuck.

At least if they do not win round one of combat they keep the ap3 to eventually dig themselves out of MEQ squads.