Author Topic: 500 point daemonkin list  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Exalted of the First Host

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
500 point daemonkin list
« on: April 29, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
Upcoming league and i made my lists for it. anyway this Friday is the first day and we are doing 500 point games so i thought you all could review my list and tell me what you think? Really quick the rules for the league are no formations, unlimited troops, no duplicates units of anything but troops i.e. can't have 2 skull cannons, 1 fast attack, normal slots for heavy and elite, seven non cahracter hq's are allowed, no knights, 1 flyer, no LoW, units from only you're chosen codex, no supplements, no allies and one detachment, no extra ones. Anyways here is the list.

HQ:
Herald, Loci of Khorne (Hatred), Hellblade.

Troops:
9 Bloodletters
10 Marines, Missle Launcher, Aspiring champion, Rhino.

Heavy Support:
Skull Cannon
10 wounds, 10 saves, 10 1's, One epic misfire.

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: 500 point daemonkin list
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
No Lord with the Axe of Ruin for the free Bloodthirster? Kind of beardy, but well given what Eldar can bring now, it doesn't feel OP.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
The free bloodthirster is only ok IMO because it takes d3 wounds per turn ignoring armor and when it gets summoned if you interpret the rules as when a flying MC deepstrikes it is swooping that really hinders performance. So you most likely will never make it to combat which isn't worth it for a 60 point upgrade i think.

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
Had my two games this week against Astra Militarium and Eldar. I emerged with two wins tying with like 3-4 others for first place in the league after the first week. In both games the skull cannon was by far the all-star of my list killing half of my opponents army in the Astra Militarium game and took out a wave serpent and 5 dire avengers in the Eldar game. We played the relic for both games and in the second one i had 1 guy left holding it while trying not to die to some dire avengers in CC. For week two it's 800 points and so i brought the same stuff (due to the league rules) plus a Helldrake, two more bloodletters and another group of marines. In order to come under points i had to get rid of the rhino and the new unit of chaos marines only numbers 9 models.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
I've been looking at the demonkin codex looks like alot of fun have you used cultists much in matches and if so how did they peform. looks like you have a fun and effective list nice to see chaos giveing it some.

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
Yeah i like to use cultists a lot, good source of blood tithe and they hold objectives well. I generally don't like to use more than 2-4 min units because they don't survive super well. One thing I've grown accustomed to taking in my lists is bloodcrushers. Lately I've been using a lot more formations and have been taking the blood host detachment with a lot of success. I've also started using flesh hounds with a juggerlord which has always done phenomenal. The thing that i think makes the bloodcrushers effective is their speed, 3 wounds and 5+ invulnerable. I tend to run a herald with the Loci that gives hatred on a juggernaut and two min units of 3 bloodcrushers with a champion and banner of blood. They usually are all dead after turn 3 at least but at that point I usually have enough tithe points to summon another unit. One important thing is to summon the Crushers close to cover and run into cover in the shooting phase. The juggerlord and Hounds survive really well and basically point at a target and it dies. I also have a few deep striking bloodletter squads, some marines and two min units of cultists. I only run min units of infantry to maximize the number of units to hold objectives and blood tithe. 

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
Interesting sounds like you have it sussed I watched some vedios revewing the codex and by the looks of it the formations mean the need to even worry about haveing sacrifishal units becomes a mute point it's a flood of free btp and you can simply focus on building a strong list go make uss of tthe buffs what would you say had been the best power in game while summoning a blood therster is great I wondered if other powers were just more effctive over the games you've played

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:58:12 PM »
All of the summoning powers are good but I'd recommend staying away from summoning Bloodthirsters and Daemon Princes for the most part because the other 2 summons are much more powerful in most circumstances. If I'm not summoning a unit of Bloodcrushers I tend to summon a unit of Bloodletters or Flesh Hounds. I love the formations, they all add there own unique bonuses to you're army however I have only found a few that are worth taking at this point. My most competitive list usually looks like this:

Blood Host Detachment:
-Slaughtercult 729 pts
--Chaos Lord W/ juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, Sigil and sometimes an artifact like blood forged armor or brazen rune.
--2x Min units of Chaos Marines
--2x Min Units of cultists
--Min Unit of Possessed

-Charnel Cohort
--Herald W/ Juggernaut, Loci of Wrath
--3 Bloodcrushers W/ Banner of Blood, Bloodhunter
--3 Bloodcrushers W/ Banner of Blood, Bloodhunter
--2x Min units of Bloodletters
--13 Flesh Hounds
-- 2x Skull Cannon

-War Engine
--Forgefiend W/ Two Hades Autocannons, Additional Ectoplasma Cannon

I'm looking to get more Bloodcrushers to add to my list because as of so far my opponents just barely have enough shooting to kill both units completely and so an extra unit or two would really help maintain the amount of time I can keep them on the field without having to re summon units. My general strategy with this list is to hold objectives with the cultists and chaos marines while holding the Bloodletters in reserve to Deepstrike on objectives late game. Bloodcrushers and flesh hounds with the chaos lord rush forward to draw the attention and just to generally kill stuff. Every turn that I can I summon another unit of bBoodcrushers or something else depending on what's needed in the current situation. Because of the Slaughtercult I also most of the time take plus one attack as my second blood tithe ability. Late game around turn 4 or five I switch over to FNP though because at this point I want my units to survive so I can keep objectives. The Possessed don't do much of anything the whole game but you have to take them as part of the Slaughtercult so there is that. The Forgefiend is there to pop light transports and other vehicles while also posing a threat to fliers with 8 S8 shots. With this list you want to go second so most everything is in charge range of the Bloodcrushers and Flesh Hounds on turn 1.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:43:55 PM by Lord Of Slumber »

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 06:16:45 AM »
That's realy interesting loooks like your beginning to master things I find it interesting you pick the exstra attack I would have thought that fnp would be the ability youed stick with all game realy the survivability increase keeping modles on thebbord and thus giveing you more attacks anyway. How dose this cope agenst armies that are more fast like bike armyes of jet bike armies I amagin such things well give you alot of trouble.

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Matter of fact I haven't found super mobile armies to be a problem to face. My biggest issue so far has been Fliers tbh, in my current lists i have no way of effectively and reliably kill fliers. So I am still experimenting with different lists and trying new things to find the best combination.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »
I might be wrong but can't you simply ignor the flyers if you have enuff mass their just going to harass you I amagin a flyer spam would be tuff but that would be for any match where you dident match the number of flyers

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »
I am in agreement about ignoring flyers. Typically I play against double flyrant lists.... usually they are too busy dealing with things that scare them so my bread and butter units get in. The last few games I have been running a CAD with a d thirster, 2 maulerfiends, a heldrake, 2 bloodletter units,  2 three man bloodcrusher units,  and the gore pack with 2 bike squads with melta, and 4 five man hound units, oh and a juggerlord with the brazen rune. I have actually had quite a few pwrils happen with this. However my friend rolled a six on the table half the time =\ . But back to the topic the fkyrants usually try to kill the maulerfiends and the thirster which allows everything else to get in unscathed. At that point its entirely dependant on your opponents preferences for troops. Another reason for the Brazen Rune is because if they peril and take a wound, they can be grounded and can't get back up because movement phase is past. So uou can shoot and assault them as normal the next turn =)

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:23 AM »
That's such a great idea with the brazen rune a great way to make phycic that little more difficult and geting tyrants to the ground is half the battle sure if they become killing machines they welll chew three something faster but if they were gunna do that anyway I see no real loss it happens they might also get killed by the perrils unlikely but awsom but I feel flyers agenst a on foot run list unless geared to kill hordes well do little damage compared to ground units its still a pain but not one to pore points into. How might you deal with a wraith knight though ?

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 05:33:42 AM »
Wraithknights in my current list are dealt with the two maulerfiends, the d thirster, and summoned skull cannons. I also have melta guns on the bikes. I haven't actually played against one yet with this army so we will see if I am right.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
sounds to me like you could take one down as hard as killing anything with s D is mental hard enuff but sounds like you could swamp the monster and kill it. what kind of armies dose this struggle agenst or is it a all comers list?