Author Topic: Forgeworld Knights  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Nteger

• Supporter
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
Forgeworld Knights
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »
Regarding the rule for Forgeworld Knights being included in 40k armies:

Using the Questoris Knight Magaera in your army in games
of Warhammer 40,000
Codex: Imperial Knights
: Questoris Knight Magaera may be
chosen as part of a Codex: Imperial Knights army as you
would other types of Knight. However, owing to their rarity
in the 41st Millennium, you may not have more Questoris
Knights Magaera in your army than you have Knights of
other kinds.

Does this mean that if I were to take an Imperial Knights Detachment (which will soon be replaced with other, similar detachments in the new codex), I can't take a single FW Knight, but if I take two different FW Knights, I'm good?

I ask because the Skitarii detachment has no LoW slot and they cannot be taken as part of a CAD or other detachment which includes a LoW slot. I'd like to be able to take a single Magaera or maybe a Magaera and a Styrix. The way I understand the rule above is that I would need to take at least two knights of any kind in order to take any FW knights. Also, can I even take a Styrix in a 40k game, seeing as how FW don't yet have a pdf in their downloads section for it? I haven't found anything in the HH books themselves which allow units to be used in 40k games.

Offline Nteger

• Supporter
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Forgeworld Knights
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:13:40 AM »
Actually, I believe I may have been overthinking this.

...you may not have more Questoris
Knights Magaera in your army than you have Knights of
other kinds.

I was thinking that you couldn't take more Knights Magaera than Knights in the codex, when actually it's that you can't take more Knights Magaera than other Knights in your army. Following my original logic, one would need to take one of every Knight in order to take any of the FW Knights.