Author Topic: Warp Hunter  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Warp Hunter
« on: June 12, 2015, 04:13:44 AM »
Friend of mine just e-mailed Forge World to see if they could clarify the rules for the Warp Hunter's D-Flail weapon. This was the reply:

Thanks for your email. Normally we would give you a standard reply but in this case we have an "official" by means of us telling you in this email that the distort rule does not exist and is instead replaced with D - Destroyer class weaponry,

All other rules are as is and the only change is D Destroyer in the weapon profile.

Thanks again and now go forth brother webwalker and destroy thy foe with your ferocious might!

So that's a 36", Heavy 3, Barrage, D weapon! Only drawback is that it's AP3 but against vehicles... :o

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Warp Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:14:33 AM »
Could you get a print screen on that?

As much as I love it... the AP3 is quite a bummer honestly. It limits you quite a fair bit. Str D, Heavy 3 Barrage is no joke however. ;)

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:33 AM »
I've only got it forwarded by my friend so can't really screen print but you can always e-mail them yourself if you want to check. It came from Luke Taylor - forgeworld@gwplc.com

AP3 is annoying but you still have the possibility of rolling a 6 on any 2+ save guys. I'd personally be using it against vehicle and buildings.

Offline The Mattler

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
I emailed Forge World just now, and I've attached Luke's response to this message.  The Warp Hunter does indeed now have a D weapon, so on that note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFNnpB7sN0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:24:37 AM by The Mattler »

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »
Ohhhh Yeahh!  That is a huge boost against a lot of targets.  Str 7 really held it back against vehicles but the potential to land 3 str D barrage shots against a vehicle makes it a destroyer.  Knights and Wraithknights beware.  AP 3 limits a few targets but with 3 shots, counts as str 10 for instant death, and the ability to ignore all saves on a 6 I think it is still worth it to fire at terminators and paladins a lot of the time.  At the very least we have a tank that can take down any vehicle and kill several models of 3+ save or less infantry.  What's not to love?  I just hope it gets an Errata or FAQ soon because I won't play a vehicle based on "someone said an email said" rules.