Author Topic: How good are space wolf terminators??  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
How good are space wolf terminators??
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:30:07 AM »
I love the miniatures and the idea of running a amry of this elite unit and I realise thunderwolf are probly better but is their anyone who's tried these units on mass or used them and seen their potential I amagin their much like any terminator but I'd love to hear your oppinons and experience.

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: How good are space wolf terminators??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:37:54 PM »
They are terminators with counter attack.  However, there are a few shenanigans you could try:

Company of the Great Wolf: Because the Co. of the Great Wolf detachment give you +1WS, you could be hitting enemies on 3s most of the time.  The Wolf Claw/Chainfist combo gives you a lot of options.  and the Thunder Hammer Storm Shield combo is still a classic.  You could also throw a Cyclone Missile Launcher onto one of your melee terminators with no loss of melee efficacy, or perhaps give one a Heavy Flamer and Storm Shield to tank shots and soften up the enemy up close.

Durable Dakka: Wolf Guard Terminators get the Storm Shield for free.  That means that you can have 30k-style breacher squads all with a 2+/3++.  Maybe mix in one or two with melee weapons to better kill off enemies who try to tie you up in assault.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »
That's great its cool to hear the set up for them would you say they are better used in champions of fenris or space Woolf's codex also do you find they get much use from counter attack or is it more of a deteternt they sound like they work realy well and are way more flexible than other army's termies in set up.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »
To me they seem pretty decent and that's comparing them to the best like GK and DA.  Certainly worth at least one kit's worth to test out until a player decides if they really like them.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:44:44 AM »
I was gunna say from what I've looked at they have the best set of weapons in box on sprue way better than standard termies looks like they have almost everything in the box and cost alot less than da which have great kit and gray knights being the only other to match for veriaty of weapons in box

Offline neophytes

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
Hi. I'm looking at creating a new army based on TDA and TDA only with some small exeptions. 

in late 2014 i started looking at greyknights. All terminators. And then i found space wolves and champions of fenris. They alla have som fun twists to make some interesting lists.
I have listed pros for them both.

Grey knights :
Psychic
Terminators/paladins
Dragio
Dreadknight
Great weaponry.

Space wolves :
Msu. 3 terminators is min.
Storm shield is free
Multi weapon squads.
Thunderwolf (to compete with dreadknight in badass factor).
Ws5 on all.
Fun characters in terminator armour

Can some of you Here help me out on my new army.

And like i said before, all must have terminator armour (not the thunderwolf)
Fun rules.
And NO alies!

Thanks for The help
Cheers!