Author Topic: The urge for elite space marines  (Read 1098 times)

Offline neophytes

• Initiate
    • View Profile
The urge for elite space marines
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »
Hi,

Maby it's the wrong part of the forum, but then the forum admin could move it.

My 40k bakgrund starts back in 3ed. Playing Dark angels.  Then sold that one, got me my blood angels and have some 6000p. I've even started a Tyranids 2000p horde. 

But lately i have a Great unge to field an elite space marine army. With alot of fluff and Great rules.

I first looked at Archangels.  But it's just boring.  Nu special rules what so ever. 

After spending some time reading codexes i turn my atension to grey knights and space wolves (champions of fenris) 
My thought is an all terminator army. Nothing more.

Greta knights have the psychic but have boring weaponry .
But wolves got free stormshields and Nice and fun weapons and characters.

What do you say brothers,?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:09:25 AM by neophytes »

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: The urge for elite space marines
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »
Boring Grey Knight weapons?  Have you checked out the Psycannons and such?  Their melee weapons aren't what they used to be, but they make up for it in efficiency.  Force on everyone makes short work of things like Tyranid MCs, Chaos MCs, Spawn, a lot of things that give most armies trouble really.  Space Wolves get... shields and claws...  Whereas Sanctuary can make up for the lack of Storm Shields on the Knights without a downside.  I'll give you that Space Wolf Terminators look better, but they don't really have an upside apart from the Stormwolf Transport.

Now, before you dismiss Archangels completely, keep two things in mind.  The Space Hulk models are friggin pretty.  They're not the perfect sculpts, but they do look really good based for 40k.  You got a Shield and Hammer Sergeant, a great Sword Sergeant, a twin Lightning Claw, Heavy Flamer and Assault Cannon, plus a decent amount of other unique sculpts for standard guys.  Add in Captain Karlaen and that's some very pretty models on the table.  The Blood Angel Assault Terminators are also very nice models.  And have a Banner if you're into fluffy things like that.  Having the Banner available to Terminators is part of the reason I'm saving my 1st Company army to be Blood Angels, if I ever get around to collecting that.  Second, Archangels aren't just Terminators.  Now, if that's really all you want then sure, move to something else, but that leaves out the Formations with  Sternguard and Vanguard with free weapons and the Vanguard that guide in ASM that might have Meltaguns.  These are some pretty useful things to have on the table.  Downside is that the Terminators themselves are expensive since BA didn't get that update...

So, I'd either stick to the Blood Angels or go Grey Knights.  The Grey Knight rules are just much better suited for the Elite armies.

Offline neophytes

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The urge for elite space marines
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
I'm with you that the new assault terminators and spacehulk are amazing.  And in my blood angels army i have the Stern/vanguard formation . Awsome as hell! I even got the formation with 3 terminator squads.

For my new army i have one policy, all terminator army.

The only two army's with fun and sametinget extra is GK and champions of fenris Wolf guard army.