Author Topic: Gues'va conversions. (Imperial Guard fighting for the Tau)  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Praetorianofthe_East

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Gues'va conversions. (Imperial Guard fighting for the Tau)
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
I have some concerns about the Gues'va units that used to exsist but do not anymore. Are they even legal in a tournament? And how would one assemble a Gues'va Auxiliary

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Gues'va conversions. (Imperial Guard fighting for the Tau)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:31:45 PM »
Gue'vesa rules apparently sucked, even in a more toned down edition than now. I recommend kit bashing some IG and Tau kits, and then using rules for either book. Take Cadian models, and give em fire warrior shooting weapons and slap a Tau Empire badge on their body somewhere, and file off all imperial aquila emblems.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:06 AM »
The old rules were in Imperial Armour: Volume 3.

Human Auxiliaries:

Basically they were 6 point guardsman in a unit of 6-12 and are the same as they are now in every way with the following options

-Take a sergeant equivalent for 10 points
-Take frag grenades for 1 point per model
-The sergeant can take a pulse rifle for 3 points

And finally, all imperial troops fighting the auxiliaries always hit on a 3+ in combat

Mining work gangs:

1 gang leader, 5-18 miners 0-1 ogryn

Gang leader: 12 points (A BS4 Seargeant), no armour save

Miner: 5 points, basic guardsman profile, no armour save, equiped with las pistol and close combat weapon

Ogryn: 25 points, usual profile with no armour save     

Options:
-1 miner can take a meltagun,
-Another miner may take a demolition charge
-Gang leader may replace his pistol and CCW for a lasgun, shotgun or autogun for free

Both are troops choices, and both are pretty bad, good for a narrative though.

Hawk  ;D

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
I planned on using some mixed rules between Cadian Karsrkins and Tau Fire Warriors. I was going to slap some Vox hrlmets on for cool factor then a Tau Shoulder pad on the side and shave of the Eagles. I was going to also splice together some sort of Storm Trooper or Shock Troop variant. I msy give them Hellguns or Pulse weapons. I wanted to use them in a Storm Trooper role first ones in last out deal. I am planning a list of two hammerhead three devilfish with 36 Fire Warriors 12 in each devikfish with two teams of three broadsides and one riptide a fireblade and 20 pathfinders. For a few extra elites two teams of three Crisis Suits. 24 Gues'va

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 12:10:13 AM »
ooh, yeah, you could use militarum tempestus rules and kit bash scions with fire warriors. maybe add some tau stuff to the hotshot laguns.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:34 AM »
Good idea. I need to visualize that

Offline fireblade

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 09:54:09 AM »
kit bashing is probably the best way to make these, I am currently in the process of making 2 full squads atm.

not sure about using these in tournaments it would probably be down to the event organizers as here is why. there are 2 know rule sets, the first is the worst it was white dwarf chapter approved but they are awful rules although similar to the imperial armour rules but they cost 6pts a guardsman, but these rules are really old now.

now the best rules which is the reason why I'm making some are the imperial armour volume 3 second edition rules here is a quick run through of the rules.

25pts for 6 gue'vesa
can add upto 6 more at 4pts each
one can be upgraded to gue'vesa'la for 10pts he can be given a pulse rifle for 3pts
frag grenades 1pts each model

they are just basic guardsmen in stats

now the reason I think they are great is the fact that a fully kitted squad with no grenades only cost 62pts and they will make a great unit to throw at objectives or leave to camp on one. I mean you could go cheaper and have 12 guys at 49pts but only leadership 7