Author Topic: reanimation +4. Whaaaaa?!  (Read 2883 times)

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
reanimation +4. Whaaaaa?!
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:49:55 PM »
I have solved the issue to op necrons

Make the foot soldiers t3. 
reduces the reanimate -1 for being an insta death On s6+ weapons. I believe that would really even the playing field (rather than introducing more sD weapons)

No flash photography please
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: reanimation +4. Whaaaaa?!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:09 AM »
Necrons aren't that OP.  They're just ridiculously durable.  They don't need a nerf.  They just need to hit hard and many many times.  Like with S6 Spam.

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:54:54 AM »
Agreed.  Necrons have some very glaring weaknesses but aren't OP.  There are a number of options in the game that are more durable than Necrons.  They are durable, but far from unbeatable.  I can beat them pretty regularly with my Orks and my DE as well as my own Necron army in the rare instances where I go Necron vs Necron. 

2 things to remember. 

1) Necrons still have a weakness in close combat.  They got better with the new book but still suck with a few exceptional units.

2) Unless the Necron player is using Crypteks, that 4+ RP comes at the loss of Objective Secure.  Play the mission and endure for the win.

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:41 AM »
There are a number of options in the game that are more durable than Necrons.

I'd be curious to hear what you think those options are?

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 06:05:05 AM »
There are a number of options in the game that are more durable than Necrons.

I'd be curious to hear what you think those options are?

For the most part - terminators with FNP would be more durable.  We can say how Necrons are more durable against S8 weapons such but against most weapons the terminators would still win out when granted FNP.  There's others too even in this age where 2+ rerollable saves aren't as common as they once were.

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:35 AM »
I suppose statistically the Terminators with FNP are tougher but they also cost a lot more and consequently come in smaller units. Necrons can spam units of 10-20 models with only slightly lower durability and can potentially make a unit that is all but indestructible to anything other than D weapons (Lychguard, Zahndrekh, Orikan, Cryptek with Orb). I'd definitely consider Necrons to be most durable army out there at the moment.

Offline Docopps

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »
Necrons are tough as nails but they are a 24 inch army.  Look at the wargear section of the codex.  Almost every wepon has a 24 inch range.  On top of that they are not good at close combat.  These these are two big vulnerabilities for this army.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:41:32 PM by Docopps »

Offline KBrown24

• Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Silent Alliance Gaming
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 04:38:48 AM »
Necrons are tough as nails but they are a 24 inch army.  Look at the wargear section of the codex.  Almost every wepon has a 24 inch range.  On top of that they are not good at close combat.  These these are two big vulnerabilities for this army.

I completely agree and also disagree to a point. They can be a decent CC army if to build it right. Flayed ones are good at CC and if you run the Decurion Detachment and take the Canotek Harvest, just put whip coils on the Wraiths and you have a very tough CC set of models, and especially since they would go at I-5, that is a huge help to CC for Crons.

Offline Battle-brother Dakrim

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »
i've only played against Necrons once. I think they're fine as is. They don't go down easy sure, but i find that to be fun and plus, they're all 24 inch guns. I may start collecting them myself because honestly they're a good balance of style, lore, and playability. If you're having that much trouble use cheap melee spam units to tie a few groups of the warriors up and fire everything at one squad until all the models drop because remember, those saves are rolled at the END of the shooting/ assault phase UNLESS the unit is completely destroyed. Focus fire and he can't get back up!

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »
i've only played against Necrons once. I think they're fine as is. They don't go down easy sure, but i find that to be fun and plus, they're all 24 inch guns. I may start collecting them myself because honestly they're a good balance of style, lore, and playability. If you're having that much trouble use cheap melee spam units to tie a few groups of the warriors up and fire everything at one squad until all the models drop because remember, those saves are rolled at the END of the shooting/ assault phase UNLESS the unit is completely destroyed. Focus fire and he can't get back up!

Minor fix: Reanimation Protocol is now like Feel No Pain, with modifiers possible. Around my club I have nicknamed the ability "Repair Protocol" because every wound has a chance to be "repaired" even on a multi-wound model.