Author Topic: Renegades and Heretics  (Read 901 times)

Offline Voidraven5829

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • My40klife
Renegades and Heretics
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »
So... Ive been spending all day to try to work out how to incorporate r&h into my chaos marine army. My marines are all the anti tank, and the traitor guard are my anyi infantry. Pretty simple, right? Well, figuring out the warlord is hard, cause he has to fit into a very specific spit AND synergize with the rest of the army. So i decided Huron would work, as infiltrating some flamer vets will definitely make my deployment zone less crowded.
And then i re read the rules for the command net vox.. Which allows ALL FRIENDLY units within 12 inches of the squad use their leadership... For 5 points. If Huron, who is battle brother allies, and can thus join a unit, is with them, that gives a bubble of at least LD10. A question i have us whether or not, fearless transfers as well, since his leadership is basically thrown iut the window with fearless.
Im guessing it wouldn't work as a bubble of fearlessness, but one of LD10 is still fantastic for anything nearby.
Just thought I'd share that.
If anyone has an answer to the fearless bubble, im all ears.
  • Iron Warriors, Orks, Fallen, Dark Eldar
Iron Within, Iron Without!

Check out my blog!
http://my40klife.blogspot.com

I build stuff too!
www.Facebook.com/MrJ5829

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Renegades and Heretics
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 01:51:22 AM »
Fearless wouldn't transfer.  That's a Special Rule, not a Leadership value.

I wouldn't use Huron for this anyway.  He's a great model, but he doesn't unlock anything fancy in your CSM.  A 65pt Lord does the same thing for Ld 10, and while Infiltrate is great, you have to really commit to that idea to make it worth anything.  Worst case, you're forced 18"+ away from the enemy maybe with no cover.  Well outside flamer range.  What will you do then?  Infiltrate a blob of tarpit up front?  That's useful, but still, you're only guaranteed one unit each game.  The rest are a chance and Independent Characters can't ride for free.  Is that worth all those extra points?  But, Dedicated Transports get Infiltrate with their unit.  Infiltrating some Chimeras forward might be an interesting idea.  But again, is it worth it?