Author Topic: Some conversions I am working on. DA to Chaos  (Read 8683 times)

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Some conversions I am working on. DA to Chaos
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »
Hey there,I am busy converting the Dark Angels in the Dark Vengeance set to chaos marines.

I am very new to all this green stuff work,so I tried to keep it very simple.
My friend wanted a Slaanesh army,I went with a hammered look and tentacles on the shoulder pads.
Guess you could say I turned the tactical marines into tentacle marines.

Sorry for the bad pictures the best cam I have is on my tablet.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Some conversions I am working on. DA to Chaos
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:49:55 PM »
I was wondering how your units came out?? they looked nice with just the green stuff. ever get them painted?

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 10:21:09 AM »
Howdy, Well lets just say shortly after starting this project I got rather annoyed and a kind of lost interest in the whole 40k hobby, Good news is 2 weeks ago I started up again and am almost at the finish line! After all the work and frustration, they should all be done by next weekend, will post pics of the finished work once done.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »
This is starting to feel like thread necromancy.

I am rather unhappy with the look so far, luckily for me the spears are not glued down.
Looks like I might be sculpting some skulls to give the spears more detail.
I am just so lost with this guys, I have no idea what my friend wants done with them, and I am unhappy with them.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:29:53 AM »
I dunno man, it looks like you've been putting some time into learning green stuff. The chaos star on the shoulder looks really good.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:44 PM »
Thanks man, I really spent a heck load of time on them, and I honestly enjoyed working on them, if somebody gave me a bunch of them to do again I would, now its just the small finish touches on them. I should of kept at it, feels like the green stuff skills I picked up are now lost, I should of kept on going.

Will show pics all the DV conversions together some time this weekend, and again once my friend finishes painting them, lol that's really gonna be heart breaking for me.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 04:12:47 AM »
This guys where at the verge of being finished, All I needed was some helmets to spice up the pointy sticks.
Long story short, the person I am doing this conversions for wont give me 4 or more helmets that I will mold, and give them back so I can finish them.

They have been boxed and will likely never be finished, I spent a good few hours on each terminator doing the hammer effect on large portions of them, sculpted green stuff skulls ( twice lost the 1st bunch and all the pointy sticks lol) trying to make them look as chaos as I possible can.

Its nice to do things for people, Its just not nice to do things for people that expect everything to be done, and supply nothing but frustration. 

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »
Heard that. Buddy of mine was doing a commission on some power armor and his client kept changing the requests while he was working on em. Kept asking for additions and what not, so my buddy ended up charging him almost double for the trouble.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
That is a sad end to the life of the Terminators.. I think they looked fairly good, i was interested in seeing one finished.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
Well my friend and I made up. LoL Odd sounding, so the project is back on the go.
I hope, by end of this weekend a good amount of both my Necron and DA to Chaos conversions will be done.
Just finishing off the Terms, got helmets now, and a conversion on the Hellbrute to a demon prince.Have no idea how I am gonna loosen the super glue on the Hellbrute, right now its soaking in a jar of meths, even though I know it wont work I am out of ideas. . .Why did they glue them. Oh why?
This project has been a very bumpy ride!

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »
Hellbrute Prince is almost finished,just some detail on his right arm needs to be one, everything else still not done. . .such a run around I had this weekend I hope I get them done this week.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
Some updates with no pics lol!
All is done just struggling with the hand of the Hellbrute prince, I pulled off all its sculpted detail twice now,not coming out how I wanted and they also changed their mind on what weapon the guy is gonna have, wings are magnetized on, even though I doubt it will ever be played with out wings.
In the next two weeks, I should be posting pics of the army all fully painted in a pink colour scheme!
I am not a good painter, but I painted one of the cultist and one of the converted DA so she had an idea of how to paint them, liked it so much I am gonna get some cash if I paint them all up, Sadly I guess its just gonna cover the costs of all the greenstuff I used on them.

I hope all this painting and sculpting helps me paint and sculpt better. It has taken for ever with so many side tracks, annoyances and fallouts.

Grrrr really seems like I am the guy that never gets things done, my Wraiths are still not finished. . .

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 07:21:43 AM »
Still very interested in seeing this Prince.

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 10:20:05 AM »
The Demon/Dragon/Hellbrute is almost done, weapon looks good, just its neck needs some work,will be posting pic of it and the bikers tomorrow

Online Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 04:30:09 AM »
Basic work done one the bikers nothing fancy, they still need some filling and drilling.
Demon Prince is almost done, just some more work on his neck and maybe more on his wings.

Even my Pikachu 3DS wanted in on the action!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:32:03 AM by Rezal »