Author Topic: Painting Project: Emperor's Wolves  (Read 1088 times)

Offline TimmyTheNerd

• Initiate
  • Victory needs no explaination. Defeat allows none.
    • View Profile
Painting Project: Emperor's Wolves
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:16:01 PM »
Only the one on the far left can be considered 'done', it has everything but work on the base. The terminator and beakie are far from complete. I call them the Emperor's Wolves. I didn't like the Space Wolves color scheme so I looked at other known chapters and stumbled upon the Emperor's Wolves. All that was known about them was that they lost their 8th Company, which became worshipers of Khorne. Since their scheme was unknown, came up with one of my own.

I know they're probably not that great but they're turning out to be a lot better than my earlier stuff.

The one on the far left was used to test multiple schemes until I finally settled for what I have now (which may explain the red that shows up on his shoulder in one of the pictures). The terminator is being used to test a terminator scheme, wanted them to be a bit different from the rest of the army since they're elites. The one on the far right, whom I call beakie, is being used to test out colors for scrolls/purity seals and fur.

Colors used:
Testor's Gold (Helmet Eyes + Plasma 'coils')
Testor's Silver (Shoulderpads, lining some weapons)
Testor's Flat Black spray (Basecoating/Priming)
Folkart's Licorice (Gives the black more of a shine)
Folkart's Coffee Latte (Scrolls/Purity seals, also considering using it for skin color)
Apple Barrel's Pewter Grey (For the stones on some of the Space Wolves bits)
Citadel's Mournfang Brown (or the fur color)
Citadel's Leadbelcher (For the unpainted parts of the weapons)
Citadel's Ulthuan Grey (For bones)
Citadel's Agrax Earthshade (For the licorice, leadbelcher, pewter grey and ulthuan grey bits, the shade/wash turning the ulthuan grey into something more bone like)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:18:44 PM by TimmyTheNerd »
  • Astra Militarum - Cadian - 1500pts

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Re: Painting Project: Emperor's Wolves
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:31:05 AM »
Try to stay away from the testor paints they are so thick. Even dollar store paints work nice you can thin them down apply multiple coats
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline TimmyTheNerd

• Initiate
  • Victory needs no explaination. Defeat allows none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:07 AM »
The Testor paints I'm using are very thin...more so than my FolkArt, Apple Barrel or Citadel paints.
  • Astra Militarum - Cadian - 1500pts

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 05:28:49 PM »
Yeah, testors makes a thinner line of paints that are a little bit more expensive but look nice. Keep up the good work, lookin forward to seeing finished product.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.