Author Topic: Starting an army... need help  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Starting an army... need help
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »
So i just bought a lot on e-bay that i intend to use to start building my army... I already play DA, so i want to take a slightly different approach then normal Space marine tactics. I like the use of flying monstrous creatures and summoning... so want to try to use that of theme.  What i have to start with so far...

4X Daemon prince. 
5X possessed marines
3X hellbrute

With the 2 princes i was thinking of making 2 detachments, that each field 2 princes with wings. Then i am going to get 2 hell drakes.... that should give me more then enough flying presence on the board... To counter act the point cost I want to get large groups of cultists to fill up some troop slots.  That is where my planning ends. I do not yet have the codex, so i don't know what formation i can use, or whats available yet. If anyone feels like giving me some suggestions on how to fill out my army to create a 1500 point list it would he great.

Offline Voidraven5829

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • My40klife
Re: Starting an army... need help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »
You could get the helbrite dataslate to make use of them. Theres a formation that uses 3 of them they all deepstrike the same turn and do not count as a squadron so you cam put each of them wherever you want. The dataslate gives them many more options than the codex alone. Like, theres another formation that gives your cultists fearless. Would be eorth a look for you
Iron Within, Iron Without!

Check out my blog!
http://my40klife.blogspot.com

I build stuff too!
www.Facebook.com/MrJ5829

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »
So i looked into the data slate, i could afford that right now unlike the codex...  I do enjoy that 3 brute formation... That would almost seem to get around a lot of the issues i have with my Dreadnoughts on the other side.. So once you remove the hell brutes from my main army it leaves: 4 X prince's and a small squad of possessed... i think i am on the correct path.

Offline Voidraven5829

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • My40klife
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:56:37 PM »
Just remember to have something on the ground to give you some support and objective grabbers, don't put everything into your flyers, theyre good but they don't singlehandedly win you games. Maybe have your princes be psychers to summin some scrubs to give you more infantry.
Iron Within, Iron Without!

Check out my blog!
http://my40klife.blogspot.com

I build stuff too!
www.Facebook.com/MrJ5829