Author Topic: My planed army  (Read 895 times)

Offline skyfafir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
My planed army
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »
So here it is.. what do you think?
Warriors  are line holders....
Imortals reserve
deathmark reserve... come in at enemy reserve deploy
Wraith & tomb blades do the killing....Star god supports with powers

+++ New Roster (1848pts) +++

++ Necrons: Codex (2015) (Decurion Detachment) (1848pts) ++

Relics and Warlord Traits [Codex: Necrons]

+ Core (1107pts) +

Reclamation Legion (1107pts)

Immortals [Night Scythe]
5x Immortal [5x Tesla Carbine]

Overlord [Mindshackle Scarabs, Phylactery, Tachyon arrow, Voidreaper]

Tomb Blades  x2
Tomb Blade [Nebuloscope, Shield Vanes, Twin-linked Gauss Blaster]

Warriors [Ghost Ark, 10x Necron Warrior]
Warriors [Ghost Ark, 10x Necron Warrior]
Warriors [10x Necron Warrior]

+ Auxiliary (741pts) +

Canoptek Harvest (401pts)
Canoptek Scarabs [5x Canoptek Scarab]
Canoptek Spyder [Fabricator Claw Array]
Canoptek Wraiths 4x
Canoptek Wraith [Whip Coils]
Canoptek Wraith [Whip Coils]

Deathmarks (90pts) [5x Deathmark]

Star-God (250pts) [Transcendent C'tan]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: My planed army
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »
First thing would be why the mind shakle scarabs as they are anti Charater and character have high leadership generally, making the war gear a bit rubbish. Give the overlord a phase shifter as he has no invol stock so even power swords will wreak his face before he gets to strike.

Secondly I would take gauss over tesla in the immortals as you are dropping them in a night scythe, if they were staying back tesla would be better but with gauss you will get more rapid fire shots, ignore >4+ armour and you can damage all vehicles.

Tomb blades look good, triple warriors look good, just remember that you can rapidly move the ghost ark around after they disembark to reinforce other squads/score in contested objectives and or block LOS with AV 13.

I'm assuming you know the ins and outs with the canoptek harvest namely keep the spyder alive

What are you looking for with the star God? Do you want to run him up and reduce leadership for morale checks from wraiths in CQC and warrior shooting(?) in which case he will be vulnerable to fire and combat where he will get tarpitted. Or do you want him for redeployment in which case your opponent will be able to guess (or know if you play them a lot) which units you want to redeploy as they will have to be within 12" which leads to castling up (if you want to confuse them which can lock down your movement and early game mobility and scoring. Also plan for what 1 other unit you want redeployed for worst case senario and which units would have secondary and tertiary redeployment.

Also why the deathmarks? They have a tendency to not do the damage they are needed to do (ap5 rending is pretty poor, why GW why?) and then they get vapped in the enemy turn.

Solid warrior, tomb blade and canoptek core. The other options could be tweaked a little in my view but the core looks very strong.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline skyfafir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
Tnx for feed back.
So i trew out the deathmarks and made the change on overlord
now i have 73 point remaining. perhaps another tomb blade squad? or even trow out the star god and put in mroe warriors?

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »
Drop: Fabricator Claw Array. The Spyder is running close to the Harvest, it is not able to sit behind the Ghost Arks to repair them.
Give him the Twin-Linked Particle Beamer and/or Gloom Prism. Extra shots are nice and not sure how many Psykers you play against normally, but the Wriaths tend to be shot at and maledictions do hurt them so a +1 to deny is welcome in an army with no Psyker of their own.

Give all Wraiths Whip Coils, you want them all to attack at I5.

That's about all I can add, from here you can either add more tomb blades or Wraiths

Oh, and personally, I prefer The Nightbringer over the other two C'tans. Which I prefer running him in the "Conclave of the Forbidden One" from the Exterminatus book.