Author Topic: new army, new rules, how do skitarii and the machine cult stack up?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Hey so I was wondering how your games are going with this brand new faction! There was a lot of hype surrounding this release and its now been about 6 months, how have your games gone? How have your hobby projects gone? Do you enjoy Skitarii? Which units have you used and what would you like to try? Lets talk about it here!

Ill post my personal thoughts on my small skitarii force soon.

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: new army, new rules, how do skitarii and the machine cult stack up?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
I can't play unpainted (or unbuilt) models. Work has cut deeply into my hobby time. I am hoping to finally have my Cohort Cybernetica table top by next Tuesday. I'll post a batrep as soon as I get in some games.

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 01:38:59 PM »
Can't wait to hear. I forgot about this thread, I'm going to write it down to post my thoughts this weekend. I also just purchased a dominus and some battle servitors looking forward to painting and playing with them.

Offline darnath

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
I agree playing unpainted hurts, so far I have my rangers, Ruststalkers, 1/2 my vanguard and I working on my dunecrawler. I will probably play some low point games once I get that done and will let everyone know how it goes.

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
I have been playing with just Cult Mechanicus recently instead of just Skitarii or a unified AdMech army.  Playing just Cult has been challenging yet fun.  Their largest weakness is mobility as 6" movement/turn makes is super hard to grab objectives; however, it isn't bad as it forces me to discard "secure object X" as opposed to some of the non-objective based ones. It's a different strategy on those games.  I have had some good luck running a Holy Requisition formation along with my standard Cult Mechanicus detachment to provide some additional mobility by way of deep striking.

Overall - I'm trending about a 50/50 split on win/loss in my group when I got unified mechanicus with various builds.  I haven't played the War Cohort yet since I don't have a knight but I have played the Cohort Mechanicus super formation from the GW webstore and it's not bad in games 2000pts and higher.

In my opinion, AdMech is a really good and powerful army.  They are very unique compared to the other armies out there and has thrown a lot of my opponents off with how they play.  I'll hopefully be posing some battle reports with them here soon.

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 09:08:06 PM »
SO far most of the games I've played have been with skitarii allies. I absolutely love how they march across the battle field and obliterate everything in front of them. I've been itching to buy paint and play some dunestriders but they are SO expensive :(Working on painting some servitors and a dominus I think I'm going to make cult my primary army until I have about 3000 points.