Author Topic: CSM CODEX RUMORS!!!!!!!!  (Read 4650 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
CSM CODEX RUMORS!!!!!!!!
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:36:04 PM »
Finally some real solid rumors about the csm dex update!

Link to article here: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/chaos-marine-rumors-mega-dump.html

After skimming through it quick it seems like they mimicked Alot of the adjustments made in the SM dex.
More formations, multiple units combining together, chaos aligence  (chapter tactics) point cost adjustments and new units!

I pray to every chaos god that these rumors be true.

SO EXCITED!!!!

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: CSM CODEX RUMORS!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
It looks interesting, but don't get too excited.  Couple things don't add up.  They couldn't get a pic but memorized all this?  Unlikely.  That many new kits is suspect but not impossible.  The best rumormongers out there have said this is a fake.

But even if it is a fake, this is done pretty nicely and some opponents might even play by these rules if you go over it real quick.  At worst, it's a cool fandex.  At best, well, I wouldn't mind running this for my Red Corsairs.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:16:14 AM »
I can dream :3

And honestly this all looks like a standard reasonable update. And all the changes are on par with those that were implimented in the SM dex. Although it almost seems "too" similar for this to be a legitimate update.

The rules for all the formations and core detachments would make for some fun interesting fluffy armies again.
The part that makes me suspect this is fake is all the rules for units to charge. Like the Khorne group gets to charge out of none assault vehicles? The possessed group can charge after ariving from DS? As much as I "want" this to be true it looks too good to be true.

Still an interesting idea.

Offline Grubthak

• Initiate
  • Fear is the mind-killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 03:59:54 AM »
These rumors look fake because they directly contradict the Khorne Daemonkin codex, and because games workshop often has these things in the pipeline for months (or even years) I doubt they only just thought of it. However if this is true then it is the ultimate way to stick it to Khorne players (something they have been doing for years). Also this looks too much like a wishlist for something GW would do. However I will be happily proven wrong.
Recite the Litany of Stealth to decrease your chances of being heard.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:44:47 AM »
Yeah, these rumors stink of fan dex-ing done on /tg/. I guess we'll wait and see I suppose. If the khorne rumors turn out to be true, that would be a bit of a kick in the --- to kdk unless they errata the book.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »
These rumors have been stated as fake by a very reliable source.

Sad face.....

DeffBossGitKrusha

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
Time to bring this topic back from the dead?
New K'harn looks really interesting. Looks like a 13th black Crusade campaign is in the works. Not sure whats really going on with that. Also, New Psyker powers and a "rebranding"...
Really wondering if theirs going to be any Juggernaut Calvary. Or is that a thing already?

Offline OzzieWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
It looks really good, not holding my breath though; a lot of that stuff seems way too overpowered, such as BL characters getting a +2 strength bonus in close combat, +1 Leadership, and that's for free?

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Not to be a butthurt little punk, but.... it honestly feels less like "true" love to CSM, and more just another "dex" designed to fill in till they actually make a proper Codex.  The small rumors circulating about an actual CSM codex is less than favorable.  So...honestly I don't know.  The only real thing I care about is the new psychic powers, and the actual rules for Renegade Knights.

DeffBossGitKrusha

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
Not to be a butthurt little punk, but.... it honestly feels less like "true" love to CSM, and more just another "dex" designed to fill in till they actually make a proper Codex.  The small rumors circulating about an actual CSM codex is less than favorable.  So...honestly I don't know.  The only real thing I care about is the new psychic powers, and the actual rules for Renegade Knights.
Sure. I felt like that with the WAAAGH Ghazghkull rerelease. I don't play chaos but it looks cool to me, but what do I know. haha.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
Competitively, the new detachment isn't good.  It's not garbage since it does give decent choices and only the elite section is trash, but the other two tax units can be Havocs, which can get Autocannons and can do good, and Bikes, which are awesome.  Obj Sec on those Bikes and Havocs mean you have a good pair of units to take and hold Objectives.  Downside is that Plague Marines lost theirs, which is a blow.  And giving Raptors and Warp Talons the charge when they come in, that's amazing.

From a fluffy perspective, and I keep my CSM fluffy, I couldn't be happier.  The detachment is very nearly my army, with the exception of Havocs which I need to pick up.  I may end up taking a CAD regardless for the miscellaneous stuff I like to bring, but the core Detachment looks useful, and some of these Auxillaries are good enough to see the table at 2k and maybe even 1850.  I haven't run the numbers yet.  It doesn't fix the codex, but it does fix how they can be run casually.  I'm still not bringing them against my local tournament meta, but that's okay.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
The problem with the Havocs, is that the current kit is horribly outdated.  It's honestly an extremely crap kit.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 02:49:52 AM »
I'm not even aware there is a havoc kit.  I kitbash.  Worst case scenario, since I run Red Corsairs, I get myself some 30k bits from Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, whatever else looks good and convert some Autocannons for them to wield with the Heavy Bolter from B@C.  I'll happily steal from other Warbands and chapters.  I'm no stranger to conversions, and most CSM players should have had the opportunity to learn to convert before now.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 08:12:53 PM »
That is true...and with the proliferation of 30k gear from ForgeWorld, at least you can get something that looks pretty close to what it should in the 41st millenium.  Still wish they'd update quite a few of the models, and kits.