Author Topic: Adepticon 2016  (Read 595 times)

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Adepticon 2016
« on: December 21, 2015, 07:25:04 PM »
Anyone going to Adepticon this year? I'm playing in Championship, Maelstrom, and Teams.

Looking at the list building rules, double Wraithknights are a certainty since any number of Lords of War maybe selected so long as they add up to less than 700 pts. You could do a basic Imperial Knight if you pair it with a close combat one. What do you guys think? How does that effect your list building?

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Adepticon 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »
Surely some members of this board are going? Adepticon is a lot of fun, one of the best events in the US.

A lot has changed since the original post. Double wraithknights are still an option but so are double Stormsurges and Imperial Knights. In fact, 5 Imperial Knights are possible.

The practice missions are pretty solid and seem well balanced. Since progressive VPs are scored at the beginning of your own player turn, going first isn't as big a disadvantage as before. But some VPs are scored at the end of the game, so going second can still be beneficial, which balances against the advantage of getting in the first shots.

There hasn't been anything which particularly bothered me in the FAQs but I think they need one more update. Some things from Curse of the Wulfen remain unresolved (although I can't think of an example right now).