Author Topic: 500pt Army List Suggestions  (Read 1265 times)

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
500pt Army List Suggestions
« on: January 10, 2016, 09:49:56 AM »
Hi people

I am considering doing a small Dark Eldar army, something that can stand alone in small fun games, but also have the potential to bolt onto my Eldar army as an ally. Any suggestions for a 500 point list please? I don't have the Codex yet and I know very little of Dark Eldar. All help is appreciated

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: 500pt Army List Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:22:09 PM »
Two things you can really do.  Kabalites in Raiders with Night Shields that Jink every Turn and the occupants get Twin Linked because of Splinter Racks, or minimum squads in Venom Spam with double Splinter Cannons.  Both options are viable and it is a preference thing.

After that, Reavers go better with Raiders because the entire army is going to be very very close to the enemy and making use of the Assault phase, and Ravagers with Dark Lances go with Venoms as the anti-tank option to make a full vehicle list with high mobility.

If you want allies, I'd go with the Raiders more than the Venoms, since Venoms are not as good as Scatbikes anyway so why friggin bother bringing them?  For 500pts, just bring what you can since the game is very restrictive at such tiny game levels.youd prolly end up bring a Raider Squad, Naked Archon, a useless Kabalite squad on foot and a Ravager and there's all your points. 

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
You could also apply Shark's ideas in a coven detachment  (haemonculi dex). This means you'd get fearless earlier, T4 models, and you can increase your power from pain levels for units travelling with your HQ. You'd lose reavers and hellions etc but you'd get access to tougher and closes combat able units.

Just a flavour idea.

For 500pts of normal DE, I'd take archon in a venom, kabilite in Venoms and then for anti tank scourge squads with haywire blasters and if you have the points true born in a Venom with blasters. All Venoms with dual splinter cannons.

If you don't want Venoms or you need more anti tank I'd take raiders with dark lances.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:05:03 AM »
Thanks guys, some great suggestions there

Offline rasmusnicolaj

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:45:42 AM »
Archon with webway portal to deepstrike with no scatter to place a unit of eldar wraithguards with d-flamers in the middle of the enemy deployment zone is also fun (even though wraithguards are expensive).

/Rasmus