Author Topic: 40k nurgle plague drones tactics  (Read 1199 times)

Online Ratguts

• Initiate
    • View Profile
40k nurgle plague drones tactics
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »
Hey everyone I just recently started collecting to play 40k. I just got the bundle of nurgle models because I love that fluff. So what my question is how should I use the plague drone, what sort of units would compliment the plague drones? I like the idea of mono nurgle army but what other Daemons should I be looking at?

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: 40k nurgle plague drones tactics
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:43:56 AM »
Praise be to Papa Nurgle brother.

Personally for a min unit of Drones my favourite tactic is to use them as a teleport homer.
Take the icon with them and have a unit or two of plaguebearers in reserves with either a nurgle soul grinder or a great unclean one.
Jam the Drones up the flank and then use their icon to make a surgical strike with your big beasty.
The plaguebearers make it easier to get the reserve roll to go in your favour and their banner will make your "safe zone" for deep striking even larger.
With this technique you can drop a massive monset with a heavy flame weapon directly into your opponents deployment zone on turn 2

Online Ratguts

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 40k nurgle plague drones tactics
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
Thank you my diseased brother

Yeah since i'm just starting 40k and started off with the nurgle starter set this helps me with my future purchases and what i should do with it so thanks.