Author Topic: Help with Eldar world-runes  (Read 1734 times)

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Help with Eldar world-runes
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
Hello all,

This is my first post on the Warmaster forums. I was directed here because I have some Eldar questions. Usually I'm scuttling around the TyranidHiveMind, being a main Nid player, but we're not the most informed on space elves. So here we go:

I'm trying to come up with a unique world-rune that I may put on my models. I have looked a few sites for inspiration but I wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted. The issue is, from what I can tell, world-runes represent Eldar mythology and/or history. Alatoic has the sword through the moon to represent Khaine killing Eldanesh; Biel-Tan has the heart and the cup thing to represent how Eldar could reincarnate themselves; and Ulthwe has the crying eye to represent Isha's sorrow when she was seperated from the Eldar.

So because my army is going to be all Wraith units (save a Spiritseer and Hemlock), I wanted to represent with something wraith related. But I can't find anything significant in Eldar history that could match this.

Could I get some suggestions on what I could possibly use here? Maybe if there was something about the very first spirit stone that was used to power a Wraith chassis or maybe about when Eldar were given the knowledge how to shape wraithbone.

Any ideas would help a lot and I'd appreciate it.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Guardian of the Black Library of Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Eldar world-runes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
I could design one only for your, to be your own craftworld rune! Give me one or two days and I'll post your something inspired from the eldar wraiths with its explanation.  Would you like it?
I mastered the chaos in mind and soul.
I will kill you and with a beautiful laugh I will dance until I go mad.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
I could design one only for your, to be your own craftworld rune! Give me one or two days and I'll post your something inspired from the eldar wraiths with its explanation.  Would you like it?

Sounds awesome sauce. I couldn't find anything in the few Eldar codices I have, so I was thinking about doing my own symbol with its own lore.

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Wraith units use the infinity rune. The one that looks like the infinity symbol. There is a White Dwarf back in 2013 that marks the Eldar Transfer sheet...indicating which symbol is used for who, what etc.

http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/graphics/runes/plain/infinity_rune_4.png

The link shows one iteration of the infinity rune.

Hope this helps.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
Wraith units use the infinity rune. The one that looks like the infinity symbol. There is a White Dwarf back in 2013 that marks the Eldar Transfer sheet...indicating which symbol is used for who, what etc.

http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/graphics/runes/plain/infinity_rune_4.png

The link shows one iteration of the infinity rune.

Hope this helps.

As much as I like the Infinity rune, that is directed only towards Wraith units. I'm trying to look for something a little broader I could use as a world-rune, to represent the whole army. But thanks, I do like that rune better than the standard one.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
That's the symbol of "The Eternal Guardian of Hope"

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:48:22 PM »
You can organize your craftworld as a damaged world with casualties from the warp or whoever you want to be your main enemy and you have a lot of wraiths. As a wraith you are going to guard the galaxy for an eternity or until our new god born just to give hope to the eldar hearts.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »
That is fancy. Can you break down the rune for me? I recognize the tear as a spirit stone and the infinity rune for being wraith oriented, but can you explain the rest? This is help me come up with the lore to match it.

I really like it though.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 04:07:13 PM »
The wave stands for the hope. The future that will always de moving forward like the sea. The eye is the guardian, the protector of the spirit stones (the tear behind the eye) and the protector of hope (the double wave under the eye). The symbol of infinity stands for the eternal fight of eldar even  after their death as a wraith.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:15:00 PM by Nebuchadnezzar »

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »
If there is anyone else who wants a rune for his banner, his craftworld or his army, just send your lore or your concept and I can try to design something.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
What could you come up with if I were to tell you that the major lore for my Craftworld is everyone willingly gave up their souls to the Infinity Circuit, so they could all power Wraiths? So pretty much the only "living" thing on the Craftworld are the Spirit Seers.