Author Topic: The POWAH Of Chaos: Chaos Terminators  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Col. Dracus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Dracus Journal"
Re: The POWAH Of Chaos: Chaos Terminators
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
I have been wanting to throw out a 10 man unit with Abby running the Black Legion Spear Tip, all auto deep strike on turn 1. Backed-up with Berzerkers in a Land Raider, 2 maulerfiends, and 2 Defilers running up the field to support.

I do like the idea of throwing out multiple smaller units to divide the shooting, but I am a bit worried that if I take the bodies away from Abby's unit they will just focus him... I guess that could work better if all the other termies survive.

I still have 5 of the old metal chaos terminators and have gotten some attitude in the past from other players as they are still on the 25mm bases they originally came on. What are your thoughts on small vs large bases for terminators?
Playing 40k since 2000

Check out my Youtube Channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dracus40k

Blog
http://dracusjournal.blogspot.com/

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: The POWAH Of Chaos: Chaos Terminators
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 12:27:48 AM »
Use the base that the model is supplied with.  And if anyone has the audacity to complain, every single one of their Marine models better be on 32mm bases and even then, ignore them.  Base size changes is an option, not a requirement for the games played.  My Nid Warriors are on their old 40mm, and two are on the new bigger ones, in the same unit.  My Flyrant is sitting pretty on the original oblong rock shaped base it came with from Forge World, and my walking Tyrant has a 40mm instead of the current 60mm because both came from 3rd Edition and the box the model came from.  If you like the older models that are in fact smaller and can be used for advantage, use them and I don't care if you ARE trying to take advantage.  You're just hiring the skinny soldier to fight in your war, that's all.