Author Topic: Some Necron Conversions I am working on  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Some Necron Conversions I am working on
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »
The 1st bunch of conversions I am working on, are immortals to the old wraiths (Dawn of War Wraiths is what I tend to call them seeing so the PC game got me into the hobby)

Yet again I am not so happy with something ^_^ seems to be my trend.
The shoulder pads, needs some more trimming down, and some green stuff work.
And the spikey back, yeah dunno what I was thinking, gonna replace it with something else (later then sooner it seems)

Now the fun stuff how I made it!
The serpent tail was made by rolling green into a tube with wire in the center for support, leave it to set for a moment before you roll it between a comb and a flat surface, its a little too diffecult to roll it between two combs,adding the right amount of pressure will add the groves to it, too much will flatten it, if the groves look too rouned for your taste, rolling it again very lightly betten two flat surfaces will give it a more square look.
The shoulder pads are "cloned" parts of the ghost ark, cut down to size, I tried cutting them out of plastic, sculpting them with green stuff but never got them the way I wanted.

^_^ now you guys better push me to finish all my crazy conversions because I have the rather bad habit of never finishing things I start!
Sorry if my grammar is kind of bad, not really use to writing things out,
Will add more pics once I get stuff done!

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Some Necron Conversions I am working on
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yve7bislU0

Gotta learn to love the work you do man, check this video out by tabletop minions. Helped me out when I hit a wall while learning green stuff.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
^_^ thanks man, I really need all the motivation to get them done.
Its an odd thing because I really enjoy the hobby.

This weekend hopefully my not so cheesy wraiths will be done. ( no whip coils )

After that will start on the Lord Conversions.

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:28:59 PM »
A tomb blade made with some molded parts.

Hmmm I still cant sooth out green stuff.

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
Very ashamed that the wraiths are still not done, but this is the weekend that they get done! I do hope.
Got myself a box of destroyers and their hands, umm hand? Is gonna be rather helpful in speeding up the completion of the wraiths!

They will be done this weekend! Unless I get distracted by something random like the other 5 or so projects I am working on.

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
Sigh weekend is gone and I didn't mange to find the time to finish them. . .I hope I can get them done this week, but seems very unlikely. . .:( sad panda I am.