Author Topic: NEW NECRONS PLAYER, NEED CLARIFICATION  (Read 837 times)

Offline ΔURΩRΔ

• Initiate
    • View Profile
NEW NECRONS PLAYER, NEED CLARIFICATION
« on: April 05, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
Hello there

I have been searching all over the internet to try to answer this question to no avail if you could PLEASE help me out.
The ghost ark states that it can only hold 10x models and that anything that exceeds this is destroyed immediately; Also it states that the ghost ark can rebuild a squad back up to its original squad size; therefore if you pay the point for a 20x squad load em up 10x destroyed then as soon as they disembark the ark can start rebuilding them up to a 20x squad?

Also, if the min squad size is 10x how do I throw an IC in to a squad with a ghost ark? 1 warrior gets destroyed then when disembarked he can be rebuilt back to squad size 11?

Thank You

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: NEW NECRONS PLAYER, NEED CLARIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »
I don't think it kills larger squads that embark on the Ark.  Any excess Warriors that are rebuilt are immediately destroyed, but it doesn't give permission for a unit larger than the transport capacity to embark.  So basically, you can't have a unit of Warriors and an Independent Character unless the Warriors already took a casualty.

Offline ΔURΩRΔ

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
so if you have a 20x squad you can not use the option to take a dedicated transport that they would automatically start out inside of to max capacity? i was looking in the BRB and cant find anything about permissions except for unit type that can/cant enter a transport.

so you dont think this would work as way to make a necron warrior factory?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:45:53 PM by ΔURΩRΔ »

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
You can take the option, but you can't start inside it.  "A Transport can carry a single Infantry unit (~) up to a total number of models equal to the vehicle's Transpot Capacity."  In bold in the Transport Capacity section.  Even says the maximum can not be exceeded.  The Necron rule doesn't give you permission to disregard that, it says that excess models that are created using that Repair rule are destroyed, not that they are destroyed when the unit enters the vehicle.

I think it will work to buy a Ghost Ark as a babysitting unit to make more Necrons that die because the old "if the unit numbers X or less model it may purchase" part of the Dedicated Transport selection is gone, but they can't embark until they are beaten down to ten models.  They have to walk within 6" of the Ark.

Offline ΔURΩRΔ

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
thank you much