Author Topic: United psilencers against gargantuans  (Read 558 times)

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
United psilencers against gargantuans
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »
So I had came up with this plan to take out my buddies wraithknight such a pain in the ass

First off lets get to know the wraith knight again.  Gargant mc he is like  ws8 s10  t8 w6+3ar feel no pain. At toughness 8 weapons with strength 4 and less cannot wound him. That means like bolters and lasguns. Now now I have found a loop hole that will make a swarm of lasguns take down the hunk of plastic

I have been looking at the rending special rule. Now we all know that rending is on a roll of 6 the weapon becomes ap2. Rending also states on a roll of 6 it automatically wounds the target regardless of toughness. Which I feel the second part goes over looked a lot of the time.

Now I can go searching through codexs and armouries looking for rending range weapons. Which is some timeshare to find depending on the army.

Now in the divination psyker category there is a spell misfortune. Misfortune is a malediction that causes the target to treat all ranged weapons to have the rending special rule.

Now this is where the psilencer comes in. At s4 heavy 6 force you can attach the insta death to it with the force. So now when you fire the gat at him wound on a 6 that will now break his +3 and negate his fnp with force. Just remember that insta death on a gargantuan is d3 wounds.

Now load up Paladins with psilencers or dreadknights give a bro captain the relic to reroll force and you will be taking down wraith Knights in no time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:21:58 PM by MattyIce »
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: United psilencers against gargantuans
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:43:23 AM »
You're actually only going to need 27 Psilencer shots on average with the described combo to shave off the wounds given the Wraithknight has no Invul. save.
So if you can pull off the combo you might be able to take it out quite quickly.
Still, you have to roll misfortune on a psyker, get it off and also get off Force on at least 3 different squads and thats not accounting for below average Dice rolls.

Definitely worth a shot if you got the power... if not, i hope your Dreadknights wield one of those nifty force swords and don't die before using it :D
=Blood Angels=

Online TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
A dreadknight with Force killed my combat WK. He had been wiffing his attacks all game so it was a little inevitable.

Offline SidjostromPrimarch DCLXVI

• Battle Brother
  • Preaching Word of The Dark Gods since 007 M31.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41:31 AM »
Recently found the best way to deal with a CC wraithknight is to take 2 dreadknights and get force off on them then hope that the wraithknight doesnt't wroll that 6 on the D table. Still, even one dreadknight can do it providing it gets force. WS5 vs WS4 is what really does it.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Grey Knights, Officio Assassinorum