Author Topic: 1850 Mephrit Necrons not Decurion  (Read 1483 times)

Offline TheGoldenSpat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
1850 Mephrit Necrons not Decurion
« on: May 11, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
Ok so I am considering getting back into 40k at some point in the future and have been playing around with what faction that I will play. I played Necrons back in 4th Ed and enjoyed them then and I think that the new Mephrit scheme is real spiffy. I didn't want to go Decurion because I, initially at least, want a more casual play experience.

Ok, so here is the list:

+++ New Roster (1850pts) +++

++ Necrons: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Relics and Warlord Traits [Exterminatus: Mephrit Dynasty]

+ Formation +

Mephrit Dynasty Resurgence Decurion
····Immortals
········10x Immortal [10x Tesla Carbine]
····Immortals
········10x Immortal [10x Tesla Carbine]
····Monolith [Eternity Gate, 4x Gauss Flux Arc, Particle Whip]
····Warriors
········Ghost Ark [2x Gauss Flayer Array, Quantum Shielding]
········20x Necron Warrior [20x Gauss Flayer]
····Warriors
········20x Necron Warrior [20x Gauss Flayer]

Retribution Phalanx
····Canoptek Scarabs [5x Canoptek Scarab]
····Overlord [Gauntlet of Fire, Phase Shifter, Solar Thermasite, Warscythe]
····Triarch Stalker [Heat Ray, Quantum Shielding]
····Warriors
········15x Necron Warrior [15x Gauss Flayer]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

My initial thoughts on how this lost would play is that you would be more aggressive with the Resurgence Decurion as you can regenerate a lot of models quickly, either D3 Immortals per turn or D6 Warriors + Ghost Ark per turn. Likewise the Retribution Phalanx Warriors and Scarab just plain come back into play when they are dead. To make a more resilient force.

Thoughts?

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: 1850 Mephrit Necrons not Decurion
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
As a note, your warriors won't be able to go in the ark. They're great in the ark as they have a fast gun boat. If take 2 10 man's and then a cryptek with 2 more as a bound force to add on. Gives you more scoring units.

Tesla is outclassed by gauss for the immortals, gauss and rapid fire beats tesla anyday. Tesla can't get bonuses from snapshots now so it's kinda meh at best for the non vehicle guns.

Id take the nightmare shroud over solar thermistate as Re roll 3+ is no help vs power swords and other ap3. Yes you have a 4++ but a 2+ is better. This stops you taking wounds from sergeants. Also there's nothing actually stopping you from taking BOTH as the wording is a bit sketchy in the Merprit book.

I like the formation combo but be aware you have not much firepower and no ObSec so watch out for Eldar ObSec bikes or free Marine Transports with ObSec.

Hope this helps.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline TheGoldenSpat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
How would you suggest that I add more firepower to this list while keeping these formations?

Offline TheGoldenSpat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:29:03 PM »
Ok new list added the shroud and the CAD and replaced the tesla. Although I will still have problems with fliers and Eldar probably.
+++ New Roster (1845pts) +++

++ Necrons: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Relics and Warlord Traits [Exterminatus: Mephrit Dynasty]

+ Formation +

Mephrit Dynasty Resurgence Decurion
····Immortals
········10x Immortal [10x Gauss Blaster]
····Immortals
········10x Immortal [10x Gauss Blaster]
····Monolith [Eternity Gate, 4x Gauss Flux Arc, Particle Whip]
····Warriors
········10x Necron Warrior [10x Gauss Flayer]
····Warriors

Retribution Phalanx
····Canoptek Scarabs [3x Canoptek Scarab]
····Overlord [Gauntlet of Fire, Phase Shifter, Solar Thermasite, The Nightmare Shroud, Warscythe]
····Triarch Stalker [Heat Ray, Quantum Shielding]
····Warriors

++ Necrons: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Cryptek [Staff of Light]

+ Troops +

Warriors
····10x Necron Warrior [10x Gauss Flayer]

Warriors
····10x Necron Warrior [10x Gauss Flayer]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:58:28 PM »
Also there's nothing actually stopping you from taking BOTH as the wording is a bit sketchy in the Merprit book.

Just FYI about the Relics: The new Core FAQ (which is in draft right now, on their facebook page) has said that only one Relic of any kind per model. So no more mixing and matching of those relics, I had to change my favorite Conclave of the Burning one combo due to that...

Offline TheGoldenSpat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
Oh well then I guess I'm dropping Thermasite so that I can have the only 2+ save in the Necron book. This really bothers me now that they took away sempternal weave or whatever it was called in the last book.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 06:52:55 AM »
Also there's nothing actually stopping you from taking BOTH as the wording is a bit sketchy in the Merprit book.

Just FYI about the Relics: The new Core FAQ (which is in draft right now, on their facebook page) has said that only one Relic of any kind per model. So no more mixing and matching of those relics, I had to change my favorite Conclave of the Burning one combo due to that...

Ah thanks. Damn. If you can drop an immortal or two for the solar staff I'd do that, means your immune to fire for one turn. Attach the cryptek to the immortals with the overlord and you'll have a really nice killy unit that is hard to remove. Keep them on board, drop the green brick near the enemy and bring in them through the portal as a spear head as your ghost arks and stalker move up field.

Obsec warriors which I dig should sit backfield on an objective, preferably in cover and score. The other warrors should be played very aggressively due to their durability (which should take pressure of scoring warriors).

Finally, use the ghost arks to score by zipping around and don't be afraid to tank shock units off objectives (i.e. backfield destroyers).
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline TheGoldenSpat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
Since Ghost Arks can repair units they aren't transporting should I make them ObSec and then just attach them to the Resurgence warriors?

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »
Since the formation has no bonuses for the G-arks inside the Mephrit Dynasty Resurgence Decurion, just move the G-arks to being dedicated transports for the CAD warriors. This will give the G-arks Obj Sec (4 units of Obj Sec now) and you can still use the repair ability for any Warrior Unit within range.