Author Topic: Where to put a Company Master?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Where to put a Company Master?
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:12:03 PM »
Hello and as you could tell from the title of this post I was curious as to what units to put a company master in? From what I can tell you would want to put him in a unit of company vets or a normal command squad, normally I outfit my company master with the lion's roar and artificer armor. Also how should I outfit the unit he is in? and should I put other characters in there such as a librarian?

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Where to put a Company Master?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
I like to give him a squad for cc. Assault marines or command squad in a land raider. Its kind of a late game thing because if he shows up turn 1 he dies turn 2. But late game everything.thats a real threat is dead and the.master can run game on most things
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline Tobas DA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:37 PM »
For about the last 10 games I used the Balthasar model with relic blade, combi plasma and shroud of heroes (sometimes artificer armor).

Join him to a 5 man tactical squad with plasma gun and combi plasma (or plasma pistol) in a drop pod. Try to snipe something with 6 plasma shots. Look out sir until he is alone, with feel no pain and shroud (2+ cover in a ruin) he is relatively resilient. Try to kill something "weak" in CC (5 man tactical squad equivalent).

90% he did very well. Last game he wiped 2 pesky skitarii ruststalker units in CC.

This is my choice for a battle or demi battle company, cheap and effective. 

Offline tombranstetter

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »
with the new psychic powers i might shelve him for a librarian...lol

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
I like giving mine (Green!) Terminator Armour, the Lion's Roar and a Relic Blade and throw him into a DW Command Squad.

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »
Hello everyone so it has been a very long time since I posted this topic but wanted to bring it back from the dead. I feel that since I last posted this I have gained a lot from everyone here on the forum (THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!) and through my own personal experiences. With this being said lets get right into the thick of it.

So as of lately I have found myself using my Company Master with my Lion's Blade, more specifically in the demi comapny and have been looking into how to make him an effective choice for Greenwing. Typically he will be in a squad of Assault Marines who have an eviscerator, metla bombs, and jump packs while he has jump pack artificer armor (on occasion), power weapon/mace of redemption and shroud of heroes.

My strategy behind this is as follows. Have the Assault Marines with the bombs and eviscerator to kill tanks, plus the eviscerator helps insta kill HQ choices sometimes. Then use the Company Master to mop up infantry and help with light armor from his mace should he have it. I was toying around with the idea of having him go building hopping near the Assault Marines with the shroud to be taking advantage of the 2+ cover save, but he could get 1 shot which is my biggest fear.

So please let me know if this strategy is sound or am I out of my mind. How would you improve my idea?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
Why not take a chaplain? Get that hatred to double kill what ever you charge the assault Marines with.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
Do not get me wrong a Chaplain is a solid choice but something about the Company Master is just appealing to me, this is probably me just being stubborn though. Not to mention I do not have a Chaplain model but I do for the Company Master from the Dark Vengeance box.