Author Topic: Infinity as...40k?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Infinity as...40k?
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
So looking at the Infinity models and I'm wondering...do they fit to "scale" to the GW 40k line?  I'm mostly asking because, as it stands...the Inquisition line of miniatures are all crap.  They look like crap, they're the same sculpt for the last....how many ever years, and there is no variety in looks or aesthetics.  They seem to be suffering from SoB, in that I don't think their models have had a true update. 

Looking at Corvus Belli's Infinity, a LOT of their models looking stunning.  Simply amazing, and their prices are....so so.  Still I really like some of their models, and would really love to use them as sort of stand in.  Obviously placing them on GW approved bases and what not. 

I mean...come on, look at this

Would make a sick stand in for the Vindicare at the least.

There is quite a few other models that look like they might make good looking Inquisitors, or Crusaders.  Hell even some Death Cult Assassins in there.  Not to mention the fact that it seems like quite a few of the Inquisition forces go on rotation of being out of stock (or perhaps they're just not making them anymore...I don't know, every time I look someone no longer in stock then back and someone else is.)  So...does anyone have any Infinity models, and are they close enough to scale?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity as...40k?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »
They're the right height but the scale is way off.  Infinity is far more realistic and 40k is 'Heroic' scale.  Emphasis on hands and heads and shoulders.  Here's an attempt at a picture of just what's on my table right now.  So from left to right, an Honour Guard, a Pan-O Orc Trooper which is a 'Heavy Infantry' model from Infinity and would be a Space Marine equivalent, a normal Fusilier which is an Imperial Guard equivalent, and a B@C Marine.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »
How would those two compare to the non-super armored spess mehreens? Like Guardsmen or Inquisitorial forces, even the ones in power armor.  Or SoB?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »
Let me do some digging around.  I should have a guardsman model, a Vindicare and Coteaz.  I'll post another picture when I find everything.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:58:52 PM »
Alright, got some color in there so you'll have to suffer through some bad paint.  I can't claim the Guardsman or Coteaz though so blame that paint on someone else.  Also, same as last time, camera is an iPad since I literally don't have anything else to take pictures of models with.  Hope this is a good reference though.

From left to right: Coteaz, a Mobile Brigada (Nomad faction Space Marine equivalent), Cadian Sergeant, Reverend Moira (Nomad Sisters of Battle equivalent)

Left to right: Cadian Sergeant, Reverend Moira, Vindicare Assassin, Grenzer (Nomad Assassin with Sniper rifle), rogue B@C Marine

Keep in mind, the Hexas is a female model and the females in Infinity are often more slender than the males so the Grenzer is more bulky than the Hexas is likely to be.  The Moira is more along the lines of a typical female body type in Infinity.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:33:00 PM »
The Hexas is the one I thought would make a rather killer Inquisitor, and oddly enough it looks good.  Think I might do some mix of the Infinity models to do a small maybe...500pt Inquisitorial force.  I know that the sniper chick/dude I showed would make a killer Vindicare.  I still really don't like any of the new Assassinorium sculpts.