Author Topic: orikan and lychstar  (Read 1717 times)

Offline tombranstetter

• Initiate
    • View Profile
orikan and lychstar
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:20:13 AM »
playing with lists on paper and came up with a nice little combo..

decurian with royal court, with orikan included as warlord, attach him with a unit of lychguard...orkin has a trait that grants rerolls of all failed saving throws of 1 and decurian grants rerolling all failed reanimation rolls of 1 within 12" of him. I tried this formation last week against my friends grey knights and never took a wound, i kinda felt bad throwing that much dakka on the table but was fun to see it in action.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:30:11 AM by tombranstetter »

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: orikan and lychstar
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »
Not so fast. Re roll 1's for reanimation only applys to the reclamation legion Overlord.

Also play a court with chromometrons and the solar staff & veil combo
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:23:10 PM »
The orikan star: Lychguard with sword/shield + Orikan + Overlord with phase shifter and a warscythe or voidreaper.

Now it works how you described. Orikan lets the 3++ or 4++ Invulnerable saves re-roll 1s, Overlord lets you re-roll 1 on reanimation.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:28 PM »
The orikan star: Lychguard with sword/shield + Orikan + Overlord with phase shifter and a warscythe or voidreaper.

Now it works how you described. Orikan lets the 3++ or 4++ Invulnerable saves re-roll 1s, Overlord lets you re-roll 1 on reanimation.

I like, overlord with Nightmare shroud, shifter and scythe, Lychguard with Warscythes or shields depending, Cryptek with Chronometron and Solar staff, Lord with scythe, shifter and Veil, An'yraknar (furious charge gives me str8 ap2) and then Orikan. Sprinkel some res orbs around if you like.

This makes people lose their sh*t. Scythes give me anti-knight, boards give durability but you lose anti TEQ power.
My Horus Heresy blog.

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »

I like, overlord with Nightmare shroud, shifter and scythe, Lychguard with Warscythes or shields depending, Cryptek with Chronometron and Solar staff, Lord with scythe, shifter and Veil, An'yraknar (furious charge gives me str8 ap2) and then Orikan. Sprinkel some res orbs around if you like.

This makes people lose their sh*t. Scythes give me anti-knight, boards give durability but you lose anti TEQ power.

Chronometron does not add anything to that build, everything already has a 4++ or 3++, Chrono only adds 5++ vs shooting only.

And Scythes = TEQ killers also. AP2 forces their 5++

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:06 AM »

Chronometron does not add anything to that build, everything already has a 4++ or 3++, Chrono only adds 5++ vs shooting only.

And Scythes = TEQ killers also. AP2 forces their 5++

Chromometron counters the no invol of taking scythes. I would much rather have to deal with a 5++ than a 2+
My Horus Heresy blog.