Author Topic: What is the best choice for the Inner Circle in a Lion's Blade Strike Force?  (Read 1910 times)

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Hello everyone so in this I am curious to know what choice is the best for the Inner Circle in the Lion's Blade? Personally I always use a mastery Level 2 Librarian using interromancy, but was curious to know if something else would be as effective or if not more so. I was looking into an Interrogator Chaplain, or Ezekiel, maybe Asmodia, but he does not appear to be too too good on the table top, as much as I want my enemies to repent. And how would you outfit your choice, what squad would you put him in and what role would he serve? So please let me know what is the best choice for the Inner Circle.
  • Dark Angels

Offline Dark Librarian

• Initiate
    • View Profile
I like the Interogator chaplain with a powerfist. He's survivable and can do some damage. Give him the shroud of heroes and gets feel no pain which makes him even more survivable. I normally stick him in a squad of 5 company veterans in a razorback and capture objectives with him. Also if you've got the new(ish) model he looks really cool

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
The interrogator chaplain sounds like a good idea but personally I think the company vets is a bit of a points sink. Normally i find myself taking a librarian mastery level 2 with a shroud of heroes, that way if he perils he has a chance of saving a wound plus if he is on a bike I just have him harass with some ravenwing behind him but not in the squad, so he also gets the benefit of shrouded. I think if I were to take an interrogator chaplain I would put him on on a bike with a fist in a squad of black knights if possible and just destroy anything and every thing in there way.
  • Dark Angels

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Depends on the points I have left when building.  I will go with Azrael, Ezekiel or a Librarian level 2.  I've pretty much have moved my company master and all of my interrogator-chaplains into the after thought category. 

Azrael is a beast and putting him with a command squad is very nasty.  Also going with a level 3 psyker or a level 2 one is a good choice considering from the last few times I was able to play.  Putting a psyker on the team was a must. 

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Thank you for the help my Battle Brother, but might I ask what point value would you use someone like Azrael at? I look at him and would say 1850. Compared to Ezekiel who I would say 1500 or higher especially with our conclave. Other than that thank you for the help once again.
  • Dark Angels

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
I vote for interrogator chaplain myself. That new DA chaplain model is too sweet.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Haha I wish I had that model but I really want him on a bike with a fist to just perform the Imperial fisting upon everything with a black knight squad.
  • Dark Angels

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
I do prefer to run Azrael at the higher point games or in tournaments or scenario play.  But in a single game for fun, I will put him on a smaller point army and cheap troop choices.  He is surprisingly good and very nasty when your opponent sees him on a 750 or 1000 point game. 

But most of the time I will go with a level 2 psyker librarian or Ezekiel.  I do love to take Ezekiel if I know my opponent will run a team with psykers on it. 

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
I concur with the psykers. Somehow my army does not feel complete when I cannot perform actions in every phase.
My favorite build is with terminator armour, force axe and a perfidious relic in combination with some Death Wing terminators.

Azrael used to be my goto HQ in combination with the Banner of Devastation, but I shelved him since the introduction of this edition. Maybe it is time for a reevaluation.

A chaplain on bike accompanied by some Ravenwing knights is also quite nice, although I feel a powerfist is overcosted for them since they already have a 'special' melee weapon.