Author Topic: Grey Knight Start Collecting Speculation  (Read 3227 times)

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Grey Knight Start Collecting Speculation
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:29:20 AM »
GW has put out quite a few Start Collecting Boxes, seems likely there will be a Grey Knights box at some point. So I thought it would be fun to speculate on the contents. So far the trend has been a generic yet army specific HQ, 10 troops, an army specific vehicle, and maybe a special unit (usually 3 models).

So, here are my thoughts:

HQ: almost certainly a Brother-Captain. He's the only unnamed HQ choice that is specific to Grey Knights.

Troops: probably 10 Strikes. Would be cool if it were 5 Strikes and 5 Terminators. Could also be some mix of Strikes, Purifiers, Interceptors, and/or Purgators. Mostly for purposes of making an interesting Formation with fluffy Special Rules.

Army Specific Vehicle: well, there isn't one. The Dreadnought is just a Space Marines one, so while the dollar cost is about right and is similar to other SCS boxes, it isn't GK specific. Same thing with a Rhino or Razorback. Dreadknight would be perfect from our perspective but quite unlikely considering how much GW charges for a single Dreadknight. Same thing with a 5 man Terminator team. So, I'm kind of stumped here. Maybe this is where the Formation calls for a 5 man team of Purifiers, Interceptors, and/or Purgators to go with 10 Strikes?

My best guesses are:

1 Brother-Captain, 5 Strikes, and 5 Terminators. Not as many models as most boxes but GW might figure that the Terminators will make up for the lack of numbers.

or

1 Brother-Captain, 5 Strikes, and 1 Dreadknight. An even smaller Formation. There's some precedence, Eldar only have 5 models in their's! Not sure that GW will put another Monstrous Creature in a Start Collecting box though. Tyranids got one but it is a logical generic HQ for them.

What do you guys think?

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knight Start Collecting Speculation
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »
Brotherhood champion, 10 strikes and perhaps a stormraven. I think the cost would almost nbalance out
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline goodguy

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 06:28:16 PM »
I think Terminator Librarian, 10 strikes and a dread knight. It would basically line up with the Space Marine box. Unless they come out with a new model, I can't see them releasing the box with a brother captain. If I'm not mistaken all of the current boxes are all plastic.  I hope there is a new model though and a new codex for that matter.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 08:41:17 PM »
Im guessing 5 guys in power armor, 5 guys in terminator armor, a character in power armor, and a razorback. Either that or a dreadknight, 5 guys in terminator armor and a character in terminator armor. Dreadknight is what I expect will sell the box.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:24:29 PM »
I'm guessing 5 guys in power armour, 5 guys in terminator armour, a character in power armour, and a razorback. Either that or a dreadknight, 5 guys in terminator armour and a character in terminator armour. Dreadknight is what I expect will sell the box.

I think it'll be 5 termies, a terminator model like a lib, a dreadknight and maybe a 5 man purifer/power armour squad if we're lucky
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 09:07:37 AM »
I'd forgotten about the brotherhood champion, good point. I'd also forgotten that the GK HQs are metal (maybe finecast now?), GW would probably want the whole box to be plastic.

Maybe a new model? Like a GK Librarian instead of the current generic one they show on the website. Not sure they'd introduce it through a Start Collecting Kit. Maybe a new model to coincide with Fenris II?

Dreadknight would be a real bonus, the box would sell well if GW includes that.