Author Topic: List for review  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
List for review
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
I am going to be attending a small tourney (1850pts) at the FLGS  and i wanted to throw out this list review. This will be the 1st time playing a full imp knight army in a competitive setting and i haven't played in any real large tournaments ever. We r playing with just the GW faq no ITC faq or other restrictions. the missions will be from the owner of the FLGS who will mix some missions from all the big tournaments .The list itself  1845 baronial court Cerastus Knight-Atrapos (465pts) hes the warlord \knight commander  (30pts) [Mark of the Omnissiah then a Cerastus Knight-Lancer (400pts). 1 Knight Crusader (465pts)battle cannon + avenger Gatling + storm spear. 1 Knight Errant (375pts) [Heavy Stubber, Thermal Cannon . Finally some anti psyker with the culexus assassin 140 pts. The counter attack and overwatch is decent from the baronial court but its mostly for the 1+ to ion shields on the front arc . The atrapos has 2 chances per turn to regain hp's thru specials rules (IWND + blessed auto-simulacra) and i will be fishing for the warlord trait that lets you reroll 1's on ion shield saves.. No perfect way to deliver the assassin but figured some presence in the psykic phase is better then nothing. Soooo What say you fellow forum junkies ?!?!

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: List for review
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:35 PM »
Do you know what the missions are? That will allow us to evaluate the list based on them. With a knight list you'll have some missions you can do and others that will be nearly impossible.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline SidjostromPrimarch DCLXVI

• Battle Brother
  • Preaching Word of The Dark Gods since 007 M31.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 07:36:28 AM »
Seems like a solid line up although having a CC knight such as the Lancer Might not go as well in a Baronial Court formation, especially with its opposing role to the Crusader (if you want to keep them within 6 inches of each other).

The Crusader might want to stay back that's all.

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
these will be the missions : http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2016/201640Kchampprimers.pdf

I play tested this list against cadian detachment all leeman russ's and cant remember the name detachment with all chimeras that are obsec & troops ended turn 5 with win.
2nd match was cult mechanicus & space wolves this was a lot more one sided my opponent made some tactical errors i was able to really key up on plus bad rolls. If you outflank your thunder cav and put the hammers out front and miss your charge I will shoot & stomp you off the table . the lancer died both matches drop pod and outflanking \deep striking onto its rear Armour seem to be its big weakness. the crusader is honestly the MVP  & really making me think twice about not getting the Acheron.

Offline SidjostromPrimarch DCLXVI

• Battle Brother
  • Preaching Word of The Dark Gods since 007 M31.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
Crusaders are usually very effective against infantry and even tanks, the only thing is that they tend to not hold up against other gargantuans and super heavies so well and as a result are best paired with knights that do have D capability.

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 09:06:19 AM »
thanks all for the responses ! i went 4 an 1 in total. things i learned : eldar fire dragons blow up knights really eazy who needs D?!?! admech have apparently access to a lot of haywire  :o. that cabal star with KDK is scary till you stomp it. The vindacare actually did sniper fluffy things picked off 2 diff sorcerers after suffering perils ! The lancer is some how always targeted 1st died all but one game. Grav doesn't give two ---s about my flare shield but having 2 rolls for IWND on the atrapos keeps the big daddy alive, average 2 hull pts recovered per matches. I would prolly run the reg knight detachment for the obsec next time . the baronial court detachment did alright helping the knights stay alive with the +1 (within 6 inch of another knight ) to the ion shield but once you break the knights apart doesn't matter which i had to often. Really enjoyed being the only knight player there came in 2nd walked away with best painted ! cheers  ;D

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 08:12:21 PM »
thanks all for the responses ! i went 4 an 1 in total. things i learned : eldar fire dragons blow up knights really eazy who needs D?!?! admech have apparently access to a lot of haywire  :o. that cabal star with KDK is scary till you stomp it. The vindacare actually did sniper fluffy things picked off 2 diff sorcerers after suffering perils ! The lancer is some how always targeted 1st died all but one game. Grav doesn't give two ---s about my flare shield but having 2 rolls for IWND on the atrapos keeps the big daddy alive, average 2 hull pts recovered per matches. I would prolly run the reg knight detachment for the obsec next time . the baronial court detachment did alright helping the knights stay alive with the +1 (within 6 inches of another knight ) to the ion shield but once you break the knights apart doesn't matter which i had to often. Really enjoyed being the only knight player there came in 2nd walked away with best painted ! cheers  ;D

Congratz man, nice job. Glad to hear it went well.

On the obsec v Baronial +1, with so low model count you're almost always going to have to spread out so I'd second moving to an obsec formation. With so many other formations out now Obsec is even more valuable as you can jump into combat and score because you're Obsec and they're not
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game