Author Topic: Can Ezekiel's book of Salvation target him?  (Read 690 times)

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Can Ezekiel's book of Salvation target him?
« on: August 08, 2016, 04:05:54 PM »
So this is a potentially stupid question as you could tell from the title of the post but I digress.

The effect of the relic is as follows "All friendly units with the Dark Angels faction within 6" of Ezekiel at the start of the Fight sub-phase have +1 Attack until the end of the phase".

So the reason I raise the question is that it says models within 6" of Ezekiel not the book itself. Though you could make the argument that Ezekiel is within 6" of himself.

Which is it, can the book target himself or not? ???

Offline Tobas DA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Can Ezekiel's book of Salvation target him?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
In the ITC FAQ the answer is yes. In the GW 2016 FAQ nothing is said about this question.

I play yes, giving Ezekiel 5 attacks (including Book and Boltpistol), 6 on the charge.

See it as a banner, the deathwing company banner bearer also gets +1 attack. Ezekiel is also inspired by carrying the book of Salvation.

ITC 2016
Dark Angels
- A unit containing Belial that uses the Gate of Infinity psychic power to Deep Strike does not scatter.
- Ezekiel does benefit from the Book of Salvation wargear, effectively giving him 4 attacks.
- A model with the Ravenwing special rule includes the reroll to their cover save in determining which of their saves is the best. For example, a rerollable 4+ Jink save is better than a 3+ armor save.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:39:26 PM by Tobas DA »