Author Topic: [1500] Khorne Daemonkin + CSM  (Read 526 times)

Offline wannabmoy

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
[1500] Khorne Daemonkin + CSM
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:23:17 PM »
Howdy all,

Trying my hand at drafting a list using some of my buddy's current models. Wanted to get any thoughts on this list and suggested tactica.

CAD

HQ - 220

-Daemon Prince w/ warp-forged armour, daemonic flight

Troops - 556
- 8 Berzerkers, w/ champion, rhino
- 8 Berzerkers, w/ champion, rhino
- 8 Berzerkers, w/champion, (will be in land raider)

Heavy Support - 230
- 1 Land raider

Allied Attachment

HQ - 60

-Sorcerer

Troops - 58
-12 Chaos cultists, w/champion

Fast Attack - 236
-3x Chaos Bikers, 3x melta guns, mark of nurgle
-3x Chaos Bikers, 3x melta guns, mark of nurgle

Heavy Support - 140
-1x Obliterator cult
-1x Obliterator cult

Total = 1500

Offline Exalted of the First Host

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: [1500] Khorne Daemonkin + CSM
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »
Berzerkers are really hard to justify using in the current meta as are land raiders because of the high point cost without being able to do a lot. Daemon princes also currently have a problem with surviving, and that is that they can't very well. But really, all of this might not matter depending upon what type of list are you trying to build? Super competitive to win games kind of list or a just for fun type of list? If you are going super competitive you need Flesh Hounds, a Juggerlord, Renegade Knights, Black Legion Sorcerer formation and MSU cheap troops. If you are trying to just have a fun game, than bring whatever you want. Based on what you have given here I would say tactics would be to play very aggressive, stick the sorcerer in one of the units of Zerkers and roll for Biomancy to try and get endurance. (4+ FNP etc.) I would also say drop one of the rhinos and stick that unit in the Heavy Support Land Raider. Use the leftover points to give the Daemon Prince a special weapon, probably gore drinker because he ignores unwieldy as he is an MC The bikes and Obliterators are great.
10 wounds, 10 saves, 10 1's, One epic misfire.