Author Topic: [1500] Casually Competitive Eldar List  (Read 725 times)

Offline wannabmoy

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
[1500] Casually Competitive Eldar List
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:35:23 PM »
Howdy all,

Just now getting into 7th edition and haven't played since 6th. I have a ton of wave serpents I feel aren't going to be seeing as much table time and quite a few jetbikes from older editions. Wanted to put together a casually competitive list that I can use to stomp my friends (play Tau, SM, Necron, CSM and Orks) as well as get back into my local gaming scene.

1500 points seems to be the nice "get a game in under 2.5 hours" army size so figured I'd start with that. Please feel free to provide any thoughts on how I can enhance or even some tactica around this list. Appreciate all the thoughts!

Thoughts on what psychic tables I should roll on? Initially, I'm thinking fate to see if I can get fortune for either the wraithknight or avatar and if I'm able to nab that, i might gamble for invis. I don't think guide or prescience will be quite as important as I'll have BS 5 with the aspects, although I'd like to "twin-link" the wraithknight to ensure those D-weapons hit home.

HQ - 230
- 2x Farseer w/ Sky-runner

Troops - 324
- 3 Riders w/ 3x Scatter Lasers

Elites - 225
- 5 Fire Drags w/ Exarch [Aspect Host]
+ Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright-Lance or Scatter lasers, Spirit Stones

Fast Attack - 210
- 5 Warp Spiders w/Exarch [Aspect Host]
- 5 Warp Spiders w/Exarch [Aspect Host]

Lords of War - 490
-Wraithknight w/Dual Heavy Wraith Cannons

=Total 1499

My goal is really to be patient turns 1-3 and sit back and let volume of fire whittle down some mass and mobility with my 36"+ guns.

Initially, I'd like to keep the avatar 12" forward from the jetbikes so they can sit back and range most my enemies during those early turns and be within 12" of the fearless bubble to keep them on the board. Middle turns I am planning on using the wraithknight and avatar as midfield intercept units along with the fire dragons in the wave serpent. They can be more midfield/backfield cleanup and hopefully during the middle turns i can let my tough Lord of War do some cleanup work with the dragons and let mobility start taking objectives as appropriate with the spiders playing the role of skirmisher / harassment.

Offline rasmusnicolaj

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: [1500] Casually Competitive Eldar List
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 12:00:17 AM »
You have build a fast and mobile army with a a lot of firepower. I really don't think the avatar i doing anything for your army. He is expensive, slow and not that great at surviving. And your bikes should be moving all over the place to score points and kill stuff not stay close to the avatar.
Other than that it is a fine little competitive list.

/Rasmus
  • 16.000p Eldar Craftworld - Ulthwe, 5.000p Dark Eldar and currently building harlequins (800p) and Corsairs (500p). Also owns 5 Imperial Knights