Author Topic: My Grey Knight Terminator Strategy  (Read 938 times)

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel: The Scribe
My Grey Knight Terminator Strategy
« on: August 28, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »
I made this video last night and kind of dedicate it to Fritz. Here's the video, and here's the long explanation:

This strategy makes use of the Nemesis Strike Force and the concept of null deployment, meaning that all units will usually start in deep strike reserve and be supported by servo-skulls. Note that Draigo comes stock with Gate of Infinity which can be used as a backup plan, even when stuck or swamped in close combat. The general idea is:

- Draigo and Stern team up with five Terminators. Draigo tanks wounds to help the Terminators survive long enough to do their jobs and together with Brother Captain Stern, the two heroes make the unit so durable that they usually last longer than the unit of Paladins. In addition, given Stern's Iron Halo, access to Sanctuary and Strands of Fate, he can be used to step in to tank wounds similarly to Draigo, if needed

- Three Inquisitors in Terminator armour with psycannons from 2 Inquisitorial Detachments team up to form a single unit. Thanks to recent FAQs they can join a unit of Grey Knights from the Nemesis Strike Force, usually arriving on 1st or 2nd turn and then detach from the unit to wreck havoc as a unit wielding 3 psycannons

- Four servo-skulls help ensure that all deep striking units make safe landings on key parts of the table

- The third unit is five Paladins with an Apothecary. Master level 3 Librarian: optional

- The army is supported by other units or allies such as 3 Nemesis Dreadknights with personal teleporters, heavy psycannons and heavy incinerators, or Astra Militarum or Militarum Tempestus or Inquisitorial Henchmen in transports
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:18:09 PM by The Scribe »

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: My Grey Knight Terminator Strategy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:05 AM »
I had a similar idea, except take 10th company task force from codex: space Marines with red hunters chapter tactics in a 2k list. Take 3 squads of bolter scouts with land speeder storms, give each squad teleport homers, infiltrate and scout to set up some up close and personal deepstrike that won't scatter. The land speeder storm comes with a shooting attack that can cause blind, which I feel pairs with grey knights close combat potential nicely.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Re: My Grey Knight Terminator Strategy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:22:05 AM »
Raptor chapter tactics. Infiltrate the scouts then scout into a >12" range gain rapid fire rending bolters. I do believe the blind is the most effective part of that tactic.
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀