Author Topic: Scout Bikes?  (Read 876 times)

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Scout Bikes?
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
Does anyone use scout bikes?
They looked so neat and underrated that I bought a box.
I was thinking of using a 3 man squad with 2 grenade launchers and a locator beacon.
at 74 points it seems more than worth it. or at 79 pts you can give the sarge meltabombs.
I have no idea why they have shotguns but they look really cool. (there is a holstered shotgun piece!)
I want to use them in a list with a bunch of deep strike capable stuff including some militarum tempestos guys.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Offline Alfalpharius

• Initiate
  • Adeptus Doritos
    • View Profile
Re: Scout Bikes?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »
I don't particularly favor Scouts, for silly reasons.  But those holstered shotguns might fetch a price from Deathwatch players.

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
Oh I am keeping those shotguns. They are too cool looking not to use! :D

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »
I've thought about using scout bikes in a 10th company task force to set up for a no scatter deepstrike for sky hammer annihilation force. By themselves scout bikes look neat, but aren't something I would normally use in a game.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »
Sadly they do not have the punch they should, even with a handful of tricks that I sometimes use.  They never went past the proxy phase of testing.  There are just better ways to spend points no matter the Chapter Tactic.

Offline Mr. Sinji

• Brother Captain
  • I have been collecting and playing 40k since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
They are a must take selection in a hunting force. I find that running with Grav bikers they add the much needed anti low armour infanty that the rest of the force lacks.

Also if you are shooting at a unit the Hunting Force has designated as an target they reroll to hit and to wound which immediately pumps up the effectiveness of the Grenade Launchers. If you have the points you can also give the Sarge a Fist for some extra combat punch.