Author Topic: good bionics for iron hands and good third party servitors?  (Read 682 times)

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
good bionics for iron hands and good third party servitors?
« on: September 14, 2016, 03:45:37 PM »
Hey war master community I'm working on a custom iron hands chapter who heavy augment themselves. In addition I'm looking to buy/make a large number of servitors to accompany my marines/guard/skitarii to make the army come to life on the table top. Send anything interesting my way, thanks!

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: good bionics for iron hands and good third party servitors?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
I wanted to make a few custom iron hands guys without paying for that upgrade pack. There are a bunch of good pieces you can you use that you may have a bunch of already. So I used the marine backpack poles and those extra bits you usually get with space marine tanks (hooks, wire, clips etc). The conversions usually take some heavy cutting but they come out and nice and are VERY cheap to do. I would cut either the knee or elbow joint out of the space marine arm or leg. Then cut up the backpack pole into very small pieces. They will be your metal "bones". There is one of those extra tank pieces I was talking about. It looks like a small curved hook to attach a cable or something. Cut away the curved part and keep the cylindrical piece (this will be your joint).  The attach the "joint" to the "bones" and you have a prosthetic metal joint. Like I said, it take a bit of time, but it looks cool and you usually don't have to buy extra stuff. Warhammer is expensive enough already.  :D
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Online baudbard

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
I am really interested in this. I know its been some time, but is there any chance you could post some pictures?

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 04:29:26 AM »
Hey man! I wish I could send some photos but I am in Japan right now(I'm from Canada) and I won't be back with my minis for another 9 months! (I am missing them haha!) But I can give you a couple more ideas about Iron hands conversions. Try using a servo-skull (i think you get them in the devastators kit) as a head. Just cut all the wires away and place the skull where the marine head should be. To fill the gaps between the skull and his armor you can use the wires you cut away and make small bits of wire coming out of his neck. It is a simple conversion and if you give it the time it comes out really nice. I have a captain with a skull head and it looks really good, it is one of my favorite models.

Basically, you could probably do some sort of conversion with all those extra bits you don't really use from almost any of the marine kits (some of the Imperial Guard too). If you are still interested I could post up some photos next August haha! 

Offline Ferrus

• Neophyte
  • Currently Imperium only player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »
I used anvil industry bionics for my own Iron Hands, they fit right in. No extra work needed  :D http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Exo-Lord-Bionics
  • Iron Hands, Blood Angels, Catachans, Imperial Knights.
The flesh is weak!

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:12:40 AM »
Wow! Normally I like to save cash and make my own stuff but there is a LOT of cool stuff there! Thanks Ferrus.