Author Topic: Start Collecting Box  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Number6

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Start Collecting Box
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:37:20 PM »
Hello all,

My local group is having a start collecting tournament, where you build and play only what is in the start collecting boxes.  I have been interested in a DE army, and though I would use this as an excuse to start one. I am curious what options and equipment would people choose for a list limited to those models.  this will be a WYSIWYG tourney, and it looks like others have chosen a good mix of the get started sets.

The box contains: 1 Archon, 10 Kabalite Warriors, 3 Reaver jetbikes, and a Raider. 

Thanks,

N6

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Start Collecting Box
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 10:35:15 AM »
Do you have a certain points limit? Are you planning on using the formation from the box (Purge Coterie)?

The Reavers should definitely have Cluster Caltrops. If you have the points then you should also consider a heat lance for AV.

If your group uses the draft FAQ then don't bother putting the Kabalites in the Raider. If not, put them in there and give it Splinter Racks.

For the Archon, I'd give him a Shadowfield, stick him in the best cover you can find and just use his Marked for Death ability to boost the rest of the units.

Offline Number6

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:07:09 PM »

No points limit, just need to run what's available in the box.  I haven't decided if I want to run the Purge Coterie formation yet, although designating a preferred enemy each turn sounds interesting. 

Thanks again,
N6

Offline Number6

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:57:19 AM »
Thanks for the comment and recommendations.  I wanted to update this with a quick picture, and comments. I was eliminated early on in the tournament, but did better than I expected with the DE. The hardest hit was in the second game, when my raider exploded in turn one and took out half of my warriors.  I also forgot a few details on the stat's during the game, but overall I had a lot of fun painting and playing the army. 

My list:
Archon:
Shadow field, Soul trap, Huskblade, Splinter pistol.

Kabalite warriors:
Sybarite : haywire grenades, agoniser, blast pistol.
Warrior: Dark lance
Warrior: Blaster
Warrior (7): splinter rifle

Reavers (3):
Reaver: Heat lance, splinter pistol
Reaver: Splinter rifle, splinter pistol
Arena champion: Splinter rifle, Cluster caltrops , splinter pistol

Raider:
Splinter racks, dark lance, night shields.

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:53:59 AM »

If your group uses the draft FAQ then don't bother putting the Kabalites in the Raider. If not, put them in there and give it Splinter Racks.

Now with the release official FAQ, you can put the Kabalites into the Raider again since jinking doesn't force them the snap fire (as it was i the draft FAQ).