Author Topic: 2000 points Tyranid Swarm  (Read 239 times)

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
2000 points Tyranid Swarm
« on: October 30, 2016, 03:53:44 PM »
So, heres a look at my list, comments and critisism are welcome!

HQ
Hive Tyrant
Adrenal glands
Lashwhip and Bonesword
Old Adversary

Tyrant Guard Brood
2 Guards
Adrenal Glands
Rending claws

Troops

Termagaunts
20 Fleshborers
10 Devourers

Termagaunts
20 Fleshborers
10 Devourers

Tervigon
crushing claws

Tervigon
crushing claws

Elite

Venomthrope Brood
2 Venomthropes

Fast

Hive Crone

Heavy

Exocrine

Trygon

Carnifex Brood
2 Fexes
each with Adrenal Glands and 2 Twinlinked Devourers with Brainleech worms

Ok, so apart from the obvious "replace walkrant and guards with a flyrant or two" (i dont have any flyrant models yet), please let me know what you think. Tervigons have ObSec goodness, gaunts give screening, area denial and swarm, Trygon and Exocrine are antiinfantry, Hivecrone is anti-air, and the Dakkafexes are Anti-everithing, plus can charge into combat with adrenal glands to wreck AV 14 stuff.
Comments, critisism and other words that start with C's are all welcome!
  • Grey Knights, Tyranids
Praise your GOVERLORD!...Goaverlord?...Goaterlord?...Whatever, just fetch me something to chew on...

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 points Tyranid Swarm
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:25 PM »
Two Carnis do not survive long enough to bother with Adrenal Glands in my opinion.  I'd drop them on those guys and make the Trygon into a Mawloc.  Mawlocs are incredible, especially when you want to run a more classic style like this.  The Trygon doesn't give you anything realistically and is just overcosted for what it does.  Next, split the Venomthropes up.  Yes they are more survivable in a unit, but you have a good number of models and they won't all fit in a 6" radius bubble.  Spread the Shrouding out to cover more of your swarm and give you options on deployments.

With the extra points, you need Zoanthropes for their invaluable Warp Blast and the extra bit of Charges they can give you.  You are so light right now without a mess of Flyrants, you'll run out with just one Warp Blast...  Another thing to seriously consider is Hive Commander on your Tyrant.  You're groundpounding, so you NEED to get some tricks.  Outflank one of those Tervigon so you can atleast be on two sides of the table at once.