Author Topic: Fast attack  (Read 549 times)

Offline Jester4532

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Fast attack
« on: November 01, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »
For fast attack options I would like to hear what others like to use. I'm looking at wolf guard on bikes, land speeders, or thunderwolf calvary.

Offline jerrys

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Fast attack
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
Wolf guard on bikes would be elites?

Thunderwolf cavalry are obviously great.

I like the landspeeder I have, but I don't really know how to use it. It seems like if I had more of them, that would be better. As it is, I keep it far away and hit infantry with heavy bolter and missiles (krak or frag depending on what kind of infantry and how densely packed they are). I guess it could conceivably take a shot at a rhino or something. They're pretty cheap for the firepower you get, and long-range enough to mitigate (somewhat) their fragility.

I have used skyclaws sometimes -- they are bad, but cheap and fast. You can use them to delay units going into your backfield, move to objectives or to support other units, double-flamer stuff on a deep strike, maybe take out backfield stuff, or just be a distraction (e.g. send them after backfield stuff not with the intent of ever getting there, but just to draw fire).

I haven't used swiftclaws (biker bloodclaws).

Offline Jester4532

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
Yes your right normally wolf guard on bikes are an elite. But I'm looking at putting them on bikes or jump packs. So then can move around faster. Plus wolf guard have better WS and BS then there claw counterparts. I'm looking using something to chase down enemy units that try to run away from there deaths. Lol So would it be better to have a unit that would chase them and shoot like land speeders, or something that can chase, shoot, then assault like bikes or jump packs. Or for the ultimate killing thunderwolf calvary not a lot of shooting but a lot of hand to hand death. If they can run them down that is.

Offline Rosbjorn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »
Thunderwolf cavalry are the best I'd say. I like the idea of skyclaws just for fun, but I don't want to paint that many models haha. TWC are very durable, have fleet to make them slightly faster than bikes and in a Champions of Fenris detachment they get WS 5 which is great. Also Str 10 is very helpful. Paired with Wulfen I've been reliably getting first turn assaults with my cavalry, very fast indeed! It would be nice if they had some good ranged options but I don't mind sacrificing it for their CC supremacy.

Offline Jester4532

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »
Now I do have to ask. Do you give all your thunderwolves storm shields? Or do you do a mix? If so what kind?

Offline Rosbjorn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 05:33:06 PM »
Personally, I give it to all of them - partly because I think it looks cool and partly because they have to endure SO MUCH incoming fire. That said, it gets very expensive. If you're not going to give one to every model I would say 2/3 should have one.