Author Topic: What's On Your Paint Bench?  (Read 3845 times)

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
What's On Your Paint Bench?
« on: November 02, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »
What 40K paint projects are you working on right now?

I've got my Genestealer Cult stuff on order and on the way, and in the mean time I want to get my Eldar kill team done.

Rangers who follow the path of the wanderer and have infiltrated ahead to gather information. I'm going to be using the classic metal models, so the basing is going to be important in terms of theme and conversion. Was thinking about doing a different type of terrain or world per base- rubble, crystal, desert, lava, etc.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: What's On Your Paint Bench?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 02:06:12 PM »
Three Genestealers that need some repairs and modifications, my Praetor for 30k Ultramarines that still needs a Mk4 backpack, a Tyrannic War Veteran I have to strip, Chaplain Cassius I need to touch up, an Ork Nob I need to finish up, some random bitz from eBay including a 2nd Edition Vindicator I need to convert into a Looted Wagon and a squad of PanOceania from Infinity.  Looks like I might also have my 30k Ultramarine Veteran squad lined up for something.  But all of these but the Stealers have been here for months now with zero progress.  New projects keep jumping the line, and the Stealers are the current line jumpers.

Offline Sarke

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »
Hey Fritz.
Finaly joined the forum after you talking about it all the time in your videos.

Currently working a Land Raider for my Grey Knights, though its slow and steady progress. Gonna try Oil Wash for the first time on this model.

Offline Lord Mogerleigh

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »
What's on my paint table? Kind of a "recycling project" to be honest... when I started playing at the beginning of 6th edition  (csm) I collected and painted  stuff like a crazy person as I struggled to find my playing style. Through many losses, online research via you-tube, and the warmaster forum I learned enough to start writing proper lists... and eventually win some games. I found that the path of the blood God was the path for me... not an easy path for sure. That left me with a metric ----ton (it's a technical term folks. Lol) of unused minis collecting dust... I decided to write some themed God specific lists and repurpose/repaint/recycle those guys. I started with an iron warriors list, 3000 points of stuff with enough variety to run a few different lists ranging from 1500-2000 pts. I had such a good time building them on a $0 budget I decided to do another... which leads me to what's on my table now... about 3000pts of dedicated nurgle... all on foot... a bunch of plague marines/nurgle csm and a whack of painted zombicide models with some obliterators lead by Mr stinky himself. There's also some terminators and spawn to round things out... maaaaaaybe a couple units of melta bikers. When they're all painted up I'm going to try a noise marine build with what I have left over... and after that I'm back to my mountain of sigmar plastic.
"K" is for "Khârnage".

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:52 AM »
My paint bench has fantasy handgunners for my mordheim warband
🖕🧀

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
I have a lot of sisters of battle that need to be stripped of their paint so that I can prime them up and actually start painting them. There is just so much that needs to be done and I have barely started any of it. I can get pictures of some if it if you want but not all of it.

Any ideas on how to go about tackling such a large amount of models that you have picked up?

Offline Rosbjorn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »
Harlequins at the moment. Having quite the time with the diamond pattern haha

Offline zool9000

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 03:00:18 PM »
Just finish these home made Objective markers for my Necrons :)

Next up, Monolith! Its Necromember, right?

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
I currently have a massive backlog of about 40 unpainted ork boyz, 10 gretchin and the runtherd, 3 nobz, 3 meganobz (one is a big mek but for now I just use him as a meganob proxy), and an ork trukk and I bought a new battlewagon today that I'll need to assemble and paint. This huge backlog was because I didn't have much motivation and my main paintbrush was completely ruined, but I hope to base coat (I rarely highlight, with the exception of the flesh) the majority over December and the rest of November, however I am busy so I may not get a chance to finish them all by christmas. It's quite late here in Britain so I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I also earlier bought a replacement brush and a few new paints to try out.

I think that my lack of motivation came from the fact that they were always stored in my crusade case and it didn't make much difference whether it was painted or not as I only saw them occasionally. Now that my new shelves have arrived, I can see them a lot more, and the painted models look really cool, even if they aren't fully painted.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:36:44 PM by leE7_G4M3r »
WAAAGH!

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
My Painting bench at last, full of things that have yet to be built, things that must be sprayed and semi-painted Orks!
WAAAGH!

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »
Land speeders for my growing Ultramarine Company  8)

Offline Brutaluhtor

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »
Currently finishing up some Grey Knights. A Libby and 5 paladins. What some may find interesting about them is that they've been painted in the scheme of Minotaurs chapter marines (forgeworld.)

This concept is derived from the minotaurs fluff: having close ties to the inquisition grants them access to (once) exclusive weapons and units (such as asterion molocs spear prior to custodes being released, and a special contemptor dred prior to angels of death.)

From this basis, it would be easy to imagine specially trained marines who hold a skill set much like that of the grey knights (though the minotaurs job is usually fratricide, I concede.) They will of course on paper be grey knights; utilized in a nemesis strike force detachment along with my actual marine force.

The inspiration for doing this, along with the fluff, is simply the fact that I love terminators, and wanted to field as many "different" looking variations as possible (except cataphractii, I'm not too fond of that.)

With these complete, I'll now utilize GK, "standard" termies, as well as Tartarus pattern in a single force.

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 04:03:27 PM »
On with a Venerable Dreadnought now  8)

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
My Awaken Realms model that will be used as either as Yncarne or using C'tan rules as a Guardian of the Black Library.

Online Wintermute

• Initiate
  • Blue and gold.....clean and sharp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 06:33:23 PM »
fortress,

Primaris Aggressors

For Calth!