Author Topic: Scotia Militarum  (Read 367 times)

Offline debiruman665

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Scotia Militarum
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
So i finally bit and bought my first unit towards my astra militarum army.

The shop didn't have any steel legion that I wanted but the box I bought looks pretty similar so they wont look out of place for my army.

I've been an avid listening to Fritz on youtube, even though I haven't even held a model in my hand before.

Just something about his voice is quite soothing (no homo) and he sounds like John C Reily which made me suspicious incase it actually was John C Reilly nerding out on youtube under a fake name. Alas I requested to see waht he looked like and he pointed me to look at a video which had a video of him and I suppose thats the rumour put to rest now.

My interests are not specifically astra militarum but I have a very masochistic enjoyment out of video games that I always play things on hardcore, permadeath, highest difficulty etc.

So I quite like the idea of being the underdog.

I'm not a big fan of the tanks for astra militarum so I'm not sure what kind of army I'm going to build yet.

I definately want the steel legion / krieg army because (probably a big cliche) but I like the nazi inspired look of them. I probably will paint them in nazi colours (most likely to the dismay of the easily offended), but who can deny that the hugo boss nazi uniform is easily the most iconic and fashionable miliatary uniform in recent history.

Any hope I don't rile of too much anti-nazi hate and I'm looking to become a full fledged wargamer with a 2000pt army at some point.

Other useless factoids about myself.

Although british have a strong Chinese connection with my chinese wife. I must admit the 40k stuff on the chinese web stores are suspiciously cheap and tempting but I'm gonna get the real stuff at least to begin with to support my local store since they agreed to teach me about painting and putting models together.

Web developer by trade and have my own small web design company.

Anyway hope to hear back from you guys.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Scotia Militarum
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:56:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I'm Harry, self appointed Black Templars know it all and casual Tyranids player. If you're looking to ham it up with gas masks on your guys, cinsider checking out some of the 3rd party companies for different heads. I think Maxmini as well as puppetzwar has some human heads with gas masks. Either that or you can try your luck on eBay with the steel legion metal figures. Friend of mine that played IG a few years back had an entire platoon of steel legion guys and chimeras rocking nazi emblems. Unfortunately local tournaments wouldn't let him play the army but it was fun to play against casually.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.