Author Topic: Gaming Group Bleeding Out, any advice  (Read 248 times)

Offline Turnip Jedi

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Gaming Group Bleeding Out, any advice
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:29:46 AM »
My local group seems to be on the verge of flatlining for good and I'm kind of struggling for idea's to save it

Basically we've been losing players for one reason or another for a while now, this eventually meant we couldn't afford our venue, which was a nice community hall with lots of tables, decent lighting and every a sizeable storage cupboard for all our boards and terrain

We discussed it as part of a group and the decision was made to relocate to the back room of a local pub, which was a bit more central which has been an issue for some players in the past.  This move has not gone very well, the pub landlord whilst a decent enough sort seems somewhat disorganised and has let us down on numerous occasions, which has caused us to lose more players due to lack of tables, shoddy lighting (we were assured would be fixed but nothing has been done for the last month).  It also doesn't help that some club members seem to take it for granted and its the same handful of people constantly trying to paper over the cracks, resulting in one of them just calling it a day

So any idea's on fixes, I'm looking at replacement venues but most of them are out of our price range on current numbers