Author Topic: Imperial fists Gladius  (Read 1164 times)

Offline strawberry fist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Imperial fists Gladius
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
After being repeatedly beaten by an Eldar player going to give the Gladius a go instead of a sternhammer strike force.
1500p
Battle Demi 1
Captain
Bike
Lightning claw

Tactical 1 5 man
Combi grav
Grav gun
Razorback

Tactical 2 5 man
Combi grav
Grav gun
Razorback

Tactical 3 5 man
Combi grav
Grav gun
Razorback

Devastator
2X lascannon
Rhino

Bikes 3 man
Combi grav
2X grav gun

Chaplain
Bike

Tactical 4 5 man
Grav cannon
Rhino

Tactical 5 5 man
Grav cannon
Rhino

Tactical 6 5 man
Grav cannon
Rhino

Devastator
2X lascannon
Rhino

Bikes 3 man
Combi grav
2X grav gun

Anti Air Force
Hunter
Stalker
Stalker

I had roughly 250 points left so added the stalkers.
Any advice would be helpful cheers

Offline Jgrows

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial fists Gladius
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:45:15 PM »
Hey Strawberry,
What does the Eldar player typically bring?

Offline strawberry fist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 01:59:19 AM »
Getting started formation (farseer-bike, 3 bikes fore prism)
Elrad
Scat bikes X3 men
Scat bikes X3 men
Wraith guard in transport
Aspect formation ( dire avengers- transport, 4 man reapers X2)

Offline Jgrows

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
You may want to consider putting your second demi-company tacs into razorbacks instread of rhinos. Unless, they are just going to be sitting in one place.  If the transport moves the unit inside counts as moving too.

IMO  giving your Devs  razorbacks w/ TLLCs would be something to consider, you would get a fairly cheep TLLC out of it to be more AT.

The "suppression force" formation may also be something to consider. WWs drop large blasts which is always nice.  IMO, this would be a more effective use of points unless your opponent brings fliers.

Try the combi-gravs on your Sgts and see how you like it. I, am not a big fan of combis on my Sgts, this may be a failing on my part to see their potential.

Don't worry about loosing, just keep on learning and trying things and you will find what works.

Cheers

Offline strawberry fist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:37:14 AM »
If I were to swap the rhino's for razors would it make more sense to swap the grav cannons for melta combi melta and swapping the anti air for surpression force and using left over points to upgrade razors to lascannon? Or have 10th company snipers?

Just thought the anti Air Force would be useful as it targets nearly all the Eldar force (bikes tanks and wraith knight) at full ballistic

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:53 AM »
I would drop some of the special/heavy weapons on some of your tacticals if they are in razorbacks. There are no fire ports to shoot from. Also, being an imperial fist player myself I have had a lot of luck with just TONS of regular bolter marines. You save points and you get rerolls. The idea is hat you give him more marines than he can handle. If you drop the 3 grav cannons that is 105 points to play with. I find a lone grav cannon in a squad of bolter marines doesn't really do the trick. Try and get some squads to ten and then combat squad them for even more targets. Then dump more points into your devastators; remember as imperial fist you get tank hunter. The gladius is actually awesome for IF players. Drop pods might help you too. You don't even need to get a massive alpha strike off; just put a couple tactical squads in them. If he is playing eldar he is probably faster than you, so change that.

Auxiliaries to consider
1) 1st company task force made of only sternguard
-rerolls on special ammunition
-options for all combi-weapons
-free transports
-fear/fearless
2) 10th company task force
-more bodies to distract your opponent
-they can use bolters too!
-infiltrate!!!