Author Topic: PotMS & Skyfire  (Read 1245 times)

Offline TxLrrp

• Battle Brother
  • Baals Out! Balls Deep! Baals, Baals, Baals!
    • View Profile
PotMS & Skyfire
« on: November 23, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
I can't seem to get a very good answer to the question "Does PotMS allow you to fire at full BS at a zooming flyer"? The majority of responses I've gotten have been No so far but a few have made a reasonable case that the answer should be yes. What say you?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: PotMS & Skyfire
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:18:35 PM »
I say no and will fight tooth and nail for that no until it is officially FAQ'd.  It's simply too big a buff to the random models that get it and a big slap in the face to Chaos who do not.  I just looked at the new FAQ and do not see it in there, so I will stick to my argument that PotMS does not take priority over the requirement to fire Snap Shots.  I also extend that to damage effects.  So Crew Shaken and Stunned also limits BS.  PotMS to me only refers to the penalties that go with movement.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »
No way Jose. Unless you're firing a weapon that has sky fire, power of the machine spirit can't and shouldn't allow firing at full BS at fliers.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline tombranstetter

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:40 AM »
the rule states that you can fire 1 additional at full ballistic skill...or normally.....so, in that context, if that weapon would normally snap shoot fliers then it would still snap shoot fliers.the rule doesnt change the weapon profile.

Offline Faid_Artur

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:08:57 AM »
I saw this in a different thread. Shots at flyers are like Feel no Pain. Feel no pain overrides all previous rules and does so after all over affects. Likewise, shooting a flyer is always reduced to snap shots after all other affect have been applied. In other words PotMS does give you full BS, and then it's made into a snap shot.

The other argument is that snap shots are a special rule that ignores BS all together, so it doesn't matter what the BS is.

Whatever Fickles your tancy.